Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#15776 - 05/15/05 03:14 AM Vueling too good to be true?
Jana Offline

Loc: Tucson
I just found fares from Sevilla to Barcelona on Vueling for 10 to 15 euros in late June. I'm skeptical about getting something for nothing. Is this airline for real? Anyone with experience with them? Not that I'm complaining, mind you!!!!

#15777 - 05/15/05 10:52 AM Re: Vueling too good to be true?
ditravelphoto Offline

Loc: Seattle
I used them to go from Madrid to Barcelona and then Barcelona to Sevilla in December. They are for real, and they run specials often. Grab that deal while you can!

#15778 - 05/15/05 02:25 PM Re: Vueling too good to be true?
monito Offline

Loc: madrid
Done Madrid to Barcelona and back with them quite a few times with no hassle, plus they let me check a seriously overweight suitcase last time without blinking an eye. You'd do well to check Spanair\'s web site for cheap commuter flight as well, sometimes they are cheaper than Vueling, price changes according to time of day you fly.

#15779 - 05/16/05 02:19 AM Re: Vueling too good to be true?
deibid Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid
Its for real and for good! my parents have just returned from Rome, and they had a great experience with Vueling.

#15780 - 05/16/05 11:46 PM Re: Vueling too good to be true?
emi Offline

Loc: australia
heheh.. i hope they are for real, alright! I just book a flight from Malaga to Barcelona with them next month at 15euros, after tax will be about 27euros...!!!woohoo.. go vueling! I cant believe its that cheap to from Barcelona to Lisbon or Paris or Brussels or Italy!!

#15781 - 05/20/05 05:05 PM Re: Vueling too good to be true?
txbella Offline

Loc: London UK (originally from Aus...
They were good and my ticket price was great,
but we flew back from Barcelona to Madrid after been in Spain 2 weeks and they DID charge for the extra luggage. I ended up paying more than my ticket. Keep that in mind if you do have heavy luggage, otherwise they are great

#15782 - 05/22/05 03:12 AM Re: Vueling too good to be true?
Jana Offline

Loc: Tucson
What kind of money are we talking about for heavy luggage? I'm sure that I will qualify. With the cheap tickets, I'm not complaining, mind you, but would like to be prepared.

#15783 - 05/24/05 12:04 PM Re: Vueling too good to be true?
txbella Offline

Loc: London UK (originally from Aus...
Well I had one large suitcase filled up (also including a couple of books from museums we'd visited which made it heavier) I think they charged me close to $100 euros. My friend was smart and had 3 small suitcases, they didn't charge her anything...

#15784 - 05/24/05 02:34 PM Re: Vueling too good to be true?
noia Offline

Loc: Barcelona
Does anyone know their luggage limitations(size and weight)? I have been trying to get their FAQs off the website and cannot get into that page. If anyone can tell me, I'd really appreciate it.

#15785 - 05/25/05 08:45 AM Re: Vueling too good to be true?
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
Hi noia,

Vueling are like most of the cheapie carriers in Europe. They make up for their cheap (if you book them early enough) tickets in other ways, such as selling onboard snacks and drinks, excess baggage charges etc.

This is what they say:

"Each passenger may transport up to a maximum of 20 kilograms of baggage with no surcharge. Any excess weight will be charged at 6 Euros per kilo, up to a maximum of 50 kilograms per passenger. The maximum weight admissible per package is 40 kilograms. The maximum weight permitted for carry-on baggage is 10 kilograms, allowing only one piece of baggage with the following maximum dimensions: 45x35x25 centimetres."

Happy flying!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
cruz70, e-man, Jaybe, kittygregg
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1673 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments