Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#15718 - 04/28/05 12:48 PM Madrid: Barajas->Atocha?
EB3551 Offline

Loc: New York
Hola,
What is the best way to get from Madrid's Barajas airport to Atocha train. The Metro map indicates at least three changes of trains (with our bags)- from the #8 line to #6 to #1, or from #8 to #4 to #6 to #1. Is one route more reliable than the other?

Does AeroCity or another transportation service have a bus or van that goes between Barajas and Atocha station? If so, do you know the cost?
Thank you.
Orrie

#15719 - 04/28/05 05:26 PM Re: Madrid: Barajas->Atocha?
Jerezano Offline

Loc: Fez/Jerez
I'd say that your best bet is to go with the least number of stops, I've done this before and I'll tell you, positively in a sweat by the time I got to Atocha. You will have to go up and down a number of flights of stairs, perhaps with large crowds making things a little difficult. Depending on your age/health/economic status this may be the place to just take a cab from Barajas to Atocha, believe me what you spend in taxi you will save in physical exertion....particularly now with the warmer weather...

#15720 - 04/29/05 06:10 AM Re: Madrid: Barajas->Atocha?
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
If you are in a budget, there is a faster way to go from Barajas to Atocha than just taking the subway. You can go on line #8 (there are elevators both at Barajas and Nuevos Ministerios). Then, take the commuter train from Nuevos Ministerios to Atocha (just two stops).

Unfortunately, you have to buy two different tickets because the ticker for the subway is not valid for the train. However, this is much faster than taking only the subway and changing 3 times.

#15721 - 04/29/05 07:10 AM Re: Madrid: Barajas->Atocha?
spanishl Offline

Loc: Madrid
check this page:

http://www.ctm-madrid.es/

You can search for the best way to get to and from any given location in Madrid, using various ways of transportation.

Have fun!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2522 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments