Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#15550 - 03/20/05 10:21 AM Madrid to Toledo
harrymorton Offline

We are arriving in Madrid on a Sat. night in August and leaving on Tuesday morning for Barcelona. We would like to visit Toledo during this time. Unfortunately, many sites are closed on Mondays. Does anyone have suggestions about hiring a driver to take us to Toledo on Sunday as we could have better control over the travel times.
Thanks for your help.

#15551 - 03/21/05 02:56 PM Re: Madrid to Toledo
JasMadrid Offline

Loc: Madrid
Toledo is just 40 miles away from Madrid. Why hiring a driver if you can take the train there for I think it's like 5 or 6 euros round trip?? Visit www.renfe.es and check the schedule.

#15552 - 03/21/05 05:29 PM Re: Madrid to Toledo
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Is the train from/to Madrid/Toledo open again? Totally open? Or does it stop in the village BEFORE Toledo still? Last I heard the complete route was still closed. Anyone have confirmation? I know the RENFE site gives schedules for the route but I'm still not certain. Anyone personally made this trip in the last few months?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#15553 - 03/21/05 11:27 PM Re: Madrid to Toledo
velotrain Offline

I'm not sure what list I saw this on (could have been here), but someone said that taking a taxi from the airport could well make more sense than metro into town, then waiting for a train or bus. I seem to think this person suggested 40 euros for the trip, but I could be imagining that. Given your tight time frame, that could be a viable solution. You might also ask on the VTForum.

#15554 - 03/22/05 07:07 AM Re: Madrid to Toledo
Lena Offline

Loc: Moscow, Russia
MadridMan, we just went from Madrid to Toledo last week.

The train still doesn't go all the way to Toledo. They drop you off and put on the bus at some village.

The same on the way back - you pay extra 60c at the train station on the way back - if you don't - you pay 1.80 at the train.

#15555 - 03/22/05 08:51 AM Re: Madrid to Toledo
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Aha! I thought so! Thanks for the update, Lena!!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#15556 - 03/25/05 07:11 AM Re: Madrid to Toledo
rstomber Offline

Can someone tell me how far the village is from Toledo itself? And does the bus take you right to the main square in Toledo???

Also, any idea of how frequently the bus runs back to the train station from Toledo?

Thx for help.

#15557 - 03/25/05 11:10 AM Re: Madrid to Toledo
kk49827 Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
I've only taken the bus back from Toledo, but the bus station wasn't very far from the city center. It was only around 6 Euros, and didnt take much longer than the train would. I think the station is at the Principe Pio metro stop.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2696 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments