MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#15492 - 03/15/05 11:20 PM Re: IBERIA has lost it's touch
lamar563 Offline

Loc: hillside, il
hi gazpacho!!
I didn't mean to confuse you!! what MM said was that the rude service received by Granada94 is "relative" because his perception is that Iberia's staff simply have a more all-business-like attitude as compared to their American counterparts. So, is Granada94's perception all wrong? And, to answer your question, when a flight attendent ignores your request for a blanket for your child and tells you to get your own glass of water, yes, that is incredibly rude, be it on Iberia, United, or Air France. Or would you still call that an all-business-like attitude?!!
Oh, and Ambeth, our complaints to Iberia customer service went unanswered.

#15493 - 03/16/05 08:09 AM Re: IBERIA has lost it's touch
gazpacho Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Macomb, MI U.S.
MadridMan,

I almost wrote this in my last post, but I thought that maybe someone would take it personal, which I hope they don't.

On my first flight back to Madrid in 1994, there was a young woman, very fluent in both Spanish and English, a few seats in front of ours and in the aisle. She was so demanding of the stewardess, and the flight attendant was doing their best for her, but you could tell she was stressed. After all, she had hundreds of other passengers with their needs also. I guess as long as a flight attendant serves me when it's my turn, I don't consider them rude or unprofessional.

No lamar, unless the situation is like the flight to the Philippines on a 747, where they sit water out for everyone where you have to get up and get it yourself, I don't think that a flight attendant telling you to get your own glass of water is professional.

I have to confess, MadridMan. During my 1999 trip back to Spain, I took a bus from Nice to Barcelona. Our conductor was a burly Spaniard, who helped us a lot loading all our luggage. I noticed he run a tight ship and already chewed a few people out for what I considered minor infractions, like putting feet up and smoking. Good for him.

But for some reason, I got a horrible cramp in my leg, so during a stop, I put my feet up on his seat to stretch out my leg. Unfortunately he saw this from outside the front of the bus, but before he could come back in, I put my leg back down. Fortunately, I avoided a scolding and just got the evil eye. wink

#15494 - 03/16/05 10:14 AM Re: IBERIA has lost it's touch
ColinK Offline

Loc: Atlantic Highlands, NJ- USA
Better to be on a flight full of people with their feet up than on an Air France flight where the majority of the people don't use deodorant. That's not very considerate of others, is it ?

#15495 - 03/16/05 10:33 AM Re: IBERIA has lost it's touch
sallyanne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
"To assume that our way is the correct and proper way is ethnocentric, self-centered, and dangerous when judging any another culture before we understand them."
Very well said Madridman. That goes for everyone.
American customer service is way over the top as far as I'm concerned. Is it because a large portion of customer service peoples pay depends on tips?

#15496 - 03/27/05 09:04 AM Re: IBERIA has lost it's touch
zorro37 Offline

Loc: England
Hi folks, Just read your two replies Amleth, thanks for applying a little common sense to this thread.

Most of my Spanish friends who fly Iberia within Europe seem to think Iberia service has deteriorated.However, long haul to S. America is a completely different story. I've been back three weeks now from an Iberia flight Bs Aires - Madrid - Manchester. Service , food and entertainment excellent.I did the same flight last year and with them to Mexico city the year before.All these flights were business class I've got to say it would be easier for me to flight to S. america direct from UK but prefer to travel with Iberia through Madrid because of the great service.I find the airport efficient too. Nov 04 my Iberia flight Malaga -MAD was also OK. economy class.
Liking things Spanish has nothing to do with it. I would go to another airline if IO had bad service.

#15497 - 03/27/05 12:29 PM Re: IBERIA has lost it's touch
AgenteMunicipal Offline

Loc: Canada
I found Iberia to be OK on a flight from Madrid back to North America...

The Iberia flight personal don't kiss your behind like North American flight personal do...nor should they...

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments