Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#15372 - 02/07/05 10:52 PM Day tours to Toledo from Madrid
DN2 Offline

Aside from the Wellington Society mentioned on this site, are there tour companies/agencies that anyone would recommend for daytrips to Toledo from Madrid? Any contact info, or suggestions on how to reach them while in Madrid, would be greatly appreciated.

#15373 - 02/26/05 10:50 PM Re: Day tours to Toledo from Madrid
mmh166 Offline

Loc: Philadelphia
My family and I took a day tour to Toledo from Madrid through Pullmantur. Overall, very good. I don't remember specifically where/how we booked the tour, though I am guessing it was through a local travel agency or the hotel front desk. Either way, it should be easy for you to make arrangements.

#15374 - 02/27/05 06:46 PM Re: Day tours to Toledo from Madrid
Arturo Offline

Loc: New York, NY USA
DN2

Here is a link to Pullmantur-Spain.

It is available in English just click the flag. Then go to sightseeings/Madrid and Surroundings/Toledo

I took the tour which leaves from the Plaza De Oriente. There is an office on the plaza where you can buy the tickets. I also went again to Toledo by bus which was very easy and gave me more time to see Toledo on my own.

Pullmantur-Spain

#15375 - 02/28/05 08:56 AM Re: Day tours to Toledo from Madrid
margot Offline

Loc: new york
we just returned from our incredible and too horribly short trip to madrid (and toledo and segovia). we spent at least 4 hours in the cathedral in toledo alone. i have never seen such an overabundance of spectacular decoration. pay particular attention to the choir stall carvings-- scenes of a monkey feeding an owl with a spoon, beasts in scandalous positions... one could (and i'm sure have) written doctoral theses on this marvelous spot. make sure you have enough time!! it also snowed while we were there for the first time in 10 years! we were hopelessly lost on the medieval streets, and an old guy with an even older little dog asked us if we were lost and walked us out to the road to madrid. gotta say, everyone is so friendly and i am ready to move tomorrow.

#15376 - 03/01/05 04:35 PM Re: Day tours to Toledo from Madrid
DN2 Offline

Thanks for the info! Did the tour give you enough time to see the main sites? Is the Plaza de Oriente anywhere near Huertas, which is where we're staying. Did the guides speak English or Spanish? Aside from the cathedral -- which sounds great -- what would you say are the top "must-sees" in Todelo? How about shopping? We need to pick up some nice gifties for relatives at home. How are the prices on things like cutlery or -- I'm going to misspell this -- damascene, the goldsmithing done on plates? Thanks again for the great info. This Web site is a super resource

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments