Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#15244 - 01/07/05 12:21 PM cheap travel - ryan air or eurorail?
tjw212 Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
has anyone flown ryan air, and were they satisfied? i'm looking for a good way to travel inexpensively...many have suggested eurorail, but if ryan air is somewhat reliable, flying to london from valladolid for 3 dollars or so certainly beats anything.

#15245 - 01/07/05 12:52 PM Re: cheap travel - ryan air or eurorail?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I think you´ll find a number of postings with experiences using Ryan Air by conducting a SEARCH of this category using RYAN AIR as your keywords. Anyone else have new feedback?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#15246 - 01/08/05 04:02 AM Re: cheap travel - ryan air or eurorail?
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Loc: London
I flew to Valladolid (return) from Stansted, UK last Autumn. The flight took off more or less on time but as there was fog in Valladolid we were diverted to Santander airport. Ryanair already had coaches waiting there to transfer us to Valladolid - a journey of over 3 hours! I enjoyed the trip as you first experienced warm sunshine on the coast, then passed through the northern snow-capped mountains before ending up on a very foggy meseta.
I think if you are flying to Valladolid in winter you have to take account of the fact that fog is quite common (and the airport does not have the equipment to allow planes to operate in such fog). Add a possible 4 hours to your journey time. On the other hand, it's such a quiet airport that other types of delay are uncommon. As a point of interest, the bus transfer to the city costs around 3Euros (a taxi ride 20 or less) and a return bus ticket to Madrid (I think) is a little under 20 Euros.

#15247 - 01/11/05 06:15 PM Re: cheap travel - ryan air or eurorail?
Tullie Offline

Loc: Almachar, Malaga
I have used Ryanair 3 or 4 times in 2004. Very satisfied with the service. I usually fly Liverpool Barcelona and have recently bought flights for 0.99p each way. Round trip for two including taxes £42.00
However,as Valladolid is known as the city of fog it seems unwise for Ryanair to operate a service which includes a three hour bus journey!! Although the bus is free! A friends parents had this experience only yesterday! Perhaps Ryanair should rethink its winter timetable!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2527 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments