Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#14961 - 09/03/04 08:15 AM Great airfare: USA->Madrid
Chus Offline

Loc: Charlotte, N.C., USA
Hi everybody!
Here is a great airfare from USAir that I just received from e-savers. Maybe some of you can take advantage of the price and make and extra trip this year.

"You may depart Mondays through Saturdays, between September 25 and October 23, 2004. Return travel is valid Mondays through Saturdays, between October 2 and October 30, 2004. Tickets must be purchased by September 8, 2004.

For travel, make your reservations online at http://www.usairways.com/pro/esavers/intl_mad_3sep.htm

These special fares can also be purchased by calling US Airways at 1-888-359-3728. There is a $25 nonrefundable service charge for reservations made and tickets issued through US Airways Reservations or US Airways Airport and City Ticket locations. Tickets must be purchased at the time of reservation."

Chus

PS: No, I don't work for USAir MadridMan. wink

#14962 - 09/03/04 12:37 PM Re: Great airfare: USA->Madrid
ChrisR Offline

Loc: D.C.
Yeah, $349 to $439 is great! But be careful of the connections in Philadelphia. My trip there in July was terrible, the organization of the Immigration, Customs and re-checking of bags for connecting flights was the worst I have experienced in 30 years of international travel!

MM - $399 from Columbus!

#14963 - 09/03/04 02:24 PM Re: Great airfare: USA->Madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Thanks for thinking of me, ChrisR. But unfortunately, these great deals ALWAYS occur when I don't have any spare time off and. rolleyes Besides, I'm saving up my vacation leave for a short trip over Christmas/New Years - which I'm sure will co$t quite a bit for the ticket. frown

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#14964 - 09/14/04 12:10 AM Re: Great airfare: USA->Madrid
mig914 Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA USA
I'd be careful booking any USAirways tickets for dates beginning in 2005. They've just filed bankruptcy again and you run the risk of having to be re-routed...and possibly with a carrier that isn't part of the Star Alliance...no frequent flier miles!!

I'd go with another carrier.

#14965 - 09/14/04 06:03 AM Re: Great airfare: USA->Madrid
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
ChrisR writes:
Quote:
... But be careful of the connections in Philadelphia. My trip there in July was terrible, the organization of the Immigration, Customs and re-checking of bags for connecting flights was the worst I have experienced in 30 years of international travel!
You want terrible?? Next time, come back thru JFK! eek

At least you got to 'stretch your legs' after having been seated hecho un cuatro about 7-hours:
It's more than a kilometer from the gate where you deplane to Immigration. rolleyes

Been there; done that! Welcome to mi pueblo.

#14966 - 09/14/04 11:00 AM Re: Great airfare: USA->Madrid
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
I read an article in the paper about that. They are declaring a chapter 11, reorganization of debts. They also said that part of the agreement was that those passengers holding tickets would be able to travel with other carriers using these tickets, in the event that the airline folded. However, it did not include those traveling on frequent miles.

Madridman I too am planning another Christmas visit this year. I hope that I can find a fair fare, you too!

Saludos,

#14967 - 10/03/04 06:20 AM Re: Great airfare: USA->Madrid
madridmanjim Offline

Loc: Northern Spain
I agree with the earlier comment about the terrible service at the airport in Philadelphia when flying with US Airways. I just returned from the States in mid September. First, it took the baggage handlers literally 1.5 hours just to get the luggage off the plane! Then, if you have a connecting flight, you have to take your luggage and stand in another long line to put you luggage on a conveyor so that it can be put on your next flight. Then, there's another huge line for you to pass a metal detector to get into the main terminal. Another 20-30 minutes. Once I finally made my way to the front of the line, I was told that my paella burner (carry on that I had just carried off the flight) was a potential weapon and had to be stowed. That meant me changing terminals and getting into another huge line at the US Airways departure desk full of other folks who had missed their flight and needed another, etc, etc. There were about 3 attendants, but late flights mean folks needed time-consuming rebookings, etc. After waiting nearly an hour, out of desperation, I stepped out of line and went to the First Class counter and begged them to process the paella burner. They did, thankfully, and I ran back and just made my flight. (Note: There was a 4 hour cushion between flights. That was nearly not enough!!!)
If you are going through Philadelphia, schedule your flights accordingly and be prepared for long lines.
I should note that, in my opinion, the lines were not on account of "security" but incompetence and lack of adequate staff.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2439 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments