Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#14881 - 07/21/04 12:40 PM HELP - how do I get from Granada to Malaga???
lily1975 Offline

Loc: Toronto, Canada
I have been searching Renfe and Alsa for rountes from Granada to Malaga and can't fine any. Can someone please tell me how I can travel from Granada to Malaga?

Thank you!!!

#14882 - 07/21/04 09:54 PM Re: HELP - how do I get from Granada to Malaga???
Rubia Offline

Unfortunately there is no train so you have to go by bus, but it is only like 2 hours so it is not bad. I am really sorry, but I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the bus company we took (I found it on some website on the internet)--but I can tell you that it was not Alsa. To be honest, I would just go to the bus station once you get there and buy the tickets there. The bus station in Malaga is by the mall and not hard to find, but the bus station in Granada is kinda far (almost out of town)--if I remember correctly. Hope that helps.

#14883 - 07/22/04 12:07 AM Re: HELP - how do I get from Granada to Malaga???
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
While not certain, it seems that Continental Auto (web: http://www.continental-auto.es/ ) bus company covers this route. But at the time of this posting their online information about routes in Andalucía was "fuera de servicio temporalmente" or "Temporarily Out of Service". Ugh. rolleyes Try it again soon. Good luck!

Also check the nearly-all-in-one bus service site @ http://www.movelia.es/

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#14884 - 07/22/04 06:46 AM Re: HELP - how do I get from Granada to Malaga???
missbernie Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi. Have just returned from my trip which covered
Cadiz, tarifa, Granada and Malaga which we did mostly by bus but also one memorable train journey (Algeciras to Granada via Ronda with the most amazing scenery imaginable!)
Anyhow, we got the bus from Granada to Malaga and I think the company was called something like Alcinas Graelles (sp? !!!?) The busses are pretty frequent even on a Sunday which was when we travelled. We just turned up at the bus station (about 3km outside Granada and incidentally lovely building) and there was a bus leaving in less than an hour. It takes about one and a half hours. Hope this helps.

#14885 - 07/22/04 08:31 AM Re: HELP - how do I get from Granada to Malaga???
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Yes. You're talking about Alsina Graells Sur @ http://www.alsinagraells.es/ . But when you go to their website and click on ANDALUCIA it takes you to the Continental Auto website. Interesting, eh? confused

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#14886 - 07/26/04 04:43 PM Re: HELP - how do I get from Granada to Malaga???
Torrales Offline

Loc: Madrid
Quote:
But when you go to their website and click on ANDALUCIA it takes you to the Continental Auto website. Interesting, eh?
Easy. Alsina Graells is a company that belongs to the Continental Auto group. The bus companies in Spain were too 'atomized' and the biggest ones have begun to purchase the smallest to create bigger groups. So, Auto Res, Sureste and La Sepulvedana are the Avanza group, Alsa owns Bacoma and Enatcar among others, and Continental Auto owns Alsina Graells.

By the way, I didn't know about movelia.es and it's a great idea, a site to find any bus route disregarding of the company that serves it. Thanks for the link.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments