Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#14836 - 06/06/04 05:08 PM Madrid to Barcelona
Mr Schwump Offline

Loc: Cincinnati
We'll be staying in Madrid but want to visit Barcelona. What's the best way to get there, taking both time and money into account, by train or plane?

your old pal,
Joe

#14837 - 06/06/04 05:22 PM Re: Madrid to Barcelona
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
A one way ticket on Iberia costs 37 Euros including tax. The flight is about 40 minutes give or take.

#14838 - 06/10/04 12:47 AM Re: Madrid to Barcelona
CloggieKing Offline

Loc: Germany for now
You can also try http://www.spanair.com/

#14839 - 06/16/04 04:10 AM Re: Madrid to Barcelona
megia Offline

Loc: Sedona, Arizona
boy o boy... the train ride is many mind-numbing hours...

you should fly, if you really feel the need to go to Barcelona...

#14840 - 06/17/04 01:39 PM Re: Madrid to Barcelona
whyssb Offline

Loc: Tucson, Az
We just came back. We started in Madrid then flew Iberia to Barcelona, then Iberia to Sevilla, picked up a rental car and drove all over Andalusia, and then turned in the rental car in Malaga and flew Spanair to Madrid.

All the flights were booked via the web, with the option for E-tickets tied to our passport numbers. All we had to do was show up at the airport and show our passport. It was easy, inexpensive (27 to 35 euro's for a one way ticket) and let us spend more time on the sights.

I would highly recommend flying!

Whyssb
----------------------
Missing Madrid already

#14841 - 06/21/04 07:00 PM Re: Madrid to Barcelona
quime Offline

Loc: panama
Can anyone tell me, how it works? i mean, i visited the iberia.com and tried to find the fares you mentioned before(under 40 USD)and failed!!!
maybe i am litlle dump!

#14842 - 06/21/04 11:58 PM Re: Madrid to Barcelona
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
When you go to Iberia.com, switch it to Iberia in Spain. They only offer the cheap stuff in Spain. They will tell you that they can't deliver the ticket, but it will be an e-ticket so it doesn't matter. If you get into trouble, use your hotel address. It took me awhile to figure it out so don't fret it!

#14843 - 07/02/04 09:33 PM Re: Madrid to Barcelona
Kathleen Offline

Loc: Fremont, California
Hello: You will probably not find cheap fares right now. They seem to have been taken about one to two months ago. It will probably be about 70 euros right now each way. Go to www.Iberia.com . Type in your itineary, then after flights show up, look at the bottom right hand side and you will find two buttons 'restricted or 'unrestricted. The restricted fares are the less expensive fares. If your search comes up with only higher priced fares, they have sold all the less expensive fars. Spain Air seems to have less expensive flights as well. good luck

#14844 - 07/05/04 11:18 AM Re: Madrid to Barcelona
wahcow Offline

Loc: Madrid
well....tried taking a bus from Madrid to Barcelona, to and fro cost me about Eur65.....7 hours each way man......dont think i will doing anything like that again.....taking a plane would be much better

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments