Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#14768 - 05/19/04 08:17 PM Travel from Sevilla to Granada
luvespanya Offline

Loc: O.C.
Hello. I am new to this board. smile

I will be travelling, in early June, to Sevilla, and would like to know what is the best way to take a trip to Granada? Is a day trip do-able???

Gracias!
Hasta Pronto,
Diana

#14769 - 05/19/04 10:52 PM Re: Travel from Sevilla to Granada
Sheryl Offline

Loc: Lowell, Massachusetts
Two years ago I made the trip, by bus, from Granada to Sevilla. It's a wonderful ride. But I wouldn't do it as a day-trip. There is much too much to see in each city. In fact, you would need, at least (from my point of view) 3 days in each place. And more importantly, you would truly want to spend more time in each of the two places once you arrived.

Sheryl

#14770 - 05/20/04 08:44 AM Re: Travel from Sevilla to Granada
Joel Villarini Offline

Loc: San Juan, Puerto Rico
My advice to you is to at least give 2 days for Granada... The best way to get there is by bus. There are several bus companies, I recommend is Continental Auto (aka Alsina Graells). Dedicate a full day to the Alhambra, if you consider yourself a quick sightseer you could do the entire Alhambra in about 4 hours if you take more time give it 5-6 hours. Which means that the best way to do this is to get a morning entrance to the Alhambra, even better yet... I had my hotel reserve my tickets, so I got to the Alhambra skipped the huge line and went straight to the reservations window, told the person my name and he had the tickets there ready... paid and got in by 9am.. was out by 2pm. Ah! Dont bother on going up the alhambra hill on foot.. spare yourself the pain and catch the Alhambra Bus right on Plaza Nueva, its #31 and #32 if im not mistaken just ask the driver.

Ah... After doing the Alhambra rest.... then head out again if your feet allow it.

Granada's Cathedral & Sacristia (both separate entrances) dont take more than 90 minutes, I did both in one hour. Both are worth it! The Cathedral is just HUGE.

I did those 2 places in one day... the second day you can explore the maze of little streets in the Jewish quarter (Albaicin) and then Granada town itself its fun smile

Hope this helps!

Joel

#14771 - 05/20/04 04:25 PM Re: Travel from Sevilla to Granada
luvespanya Offline

Loc: O.C.
Thanks for your responses! Very informative. Since we will only be in Seville for 3 days, I think Granada will deserve a future trip of its own.

Muchas Gracias,
Diana

#14772 - 05/24/04 10:55 AM Re: Travel from Sevilla to Granada
Harley Offline

Loc: Charlotte, NC
Granda/Seville is NOT a day trip in my opinion. There's too much to see and do in Granda. The Alhambra alone takes 6 hours minimum in my view.

In early May my son left Granda by train for Seville. The fare was less than $20 (US) and he had 3 choices of departure times, all convenient and easy. The train ride was about 3 hours to Seville, so we aren't talking Ave here. Son reported the train was very nice and the countryside interesting.

Harley

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments