Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#14750 - 05/10/04 08:31 PM Aerocity overcharge
epaulino4 Offline

Loc: USA
Last year(Feb 2003) I reserved for myself and my two daughters from BW Carlos V to the airport. We were charged 17 euros each by the driver. I found it outrageous and therefore refrained from using this service.

#14751 - 05/10/04 08:51 PM Re: Aerocity overcharge
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
It's a shame you didn't alert Aerocity immediately by phone or email - assuming you got a receipt for the overcharge. I would EXPECT and HOPE they would have refunded you the difference after checking into it.

I imagine last year (the prices are the same this year) it should have been 17 Euros TOTAL for the three of you... UNLESS the driver didn't know you were all traveling together but it does sound "fishy". Weren't you shocked the moment the driver asked you for 51 Euros?? eek Was the driver insistant? That really is a shame, epaulino4. Sorry to hear it. frown

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#14752 - 05/11/04 07:03 AM Re: Aerocity overcharge
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Hi epaulino4

Are you sure it was Aerocity? I know that BW Carlos V have their own arrangement with a minibus service and if you booked it through them that would explain it. It happened to me once frown I thought I was going on an Aeorcity minibus, but I wasn't rolleyes (the price difference was nowhere near as massive as the one you experienced though).

I have used Aeorcity on several occasions and found them to be 100% reliable and they charged only the amount quoted on their website. I have pre-booked previously too and the prices always matched up.

Just a thought.

Jo

#14753 - 05/11/04 02:36 PM Re: Aerocity overcharge
epaulino4 Offline

Loc: USA
I have taken both services: BW Carlos V and Aerocity twice. Actually, I made above mentioned reservation by email for a party of three and confirmed by phone. For sure, the above email refers to Aerocity.

Shame on me that I did not follow up with Aerocity upon my return home.

Regards

Elvira

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments