Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#14742 - 05/08/04 01:07 AM Cuenca to Toledo??
ditravelphoto Offline

Loc: Seattle
Can anyone tell me if there is train or bus service to get between Cuenca and Toledo? I will be in Spain from May 20th-June 1, attending Englishtown for a week, but then have 4 days on my own and I am very interested in Cuenca, Toledo and Chinchon. I haven't been able to find anything that does between Cuenca and Toledo without having to go back through Madrid. Any ideas? I'm thinking of an overnight in Cuenca and a couple days in Toledo. I don't want to spend a day traveling though with so little time. I may just opt for one or the other. confused

#14743 - 05/08/04 02:26 AM Re: Cuenca to Toledo??
vicki Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA USA
Welcome fellow Seattleite!

I don't have an answer to your question, but may I ask what Englishtown is?

I had the same problem with trains, trying to get from Granada to Alicante. It seems that the train system is set up mostly like spokes on a wheel with the hub in Madrid. You might try the train, but going through Aranjuez. You will probably have better luck with busses.

Good luck!

#14744 - 05/08/04 11:29 AM Re: Cuenca to Toledo??
ditravelphoto Offline

Loc: Seattle
Hello! Englishtown is a part of a language program for Spainards. It is an American company that brings native English speakers from a variety of countries (but it seems like they are mainly Americans that apply) to 2 different locations outside Madrid. There are an equal number of Spainards that already have some English language skills, but want to work on their fluency. They pay your room, board and health insurance for a week and all you do for a week is TALK to Spainards.....IN ENGLISH!! I've had a couple friends go and they had a great time and made some great Spainish friends. Here is their website. http://www.vausys.com/englishtown/

I'll look into the Aranjuez route more, maybe that can be the hub! Thanks

Diana

#14745 - 05/10/04 05:08 AM Re: Cuenca to Toledo??
Torrales Offline

Loc: Madrid
Train: yes, the hub is Aranjuez and you should have to transfer there from the Regional Cuenca-Madrid to the Regional Madrid-Toledo. Considering that the Madrid-Toledo line is under work and trains stop at Algodor and the travellers are transferred there to a bus to complete the trip (20 kms.), I wouldn't use the train in this case.

Buses: AISA is the company that serves the Cuenca-Toledo route. It has two services Mon-Fri at 6:30am, and 4pm, and only one on holidays at 5pm. It takes 2:15 to get to Toledo.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments