Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#14710 - 05/02/04 08:10 PM Madrid Barajas airport shuttle question
carole-wis Offline

Loc: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Hi all, great site with great info. I've been reading the posts about the Aerocity shuttle from Barajas and I'm a little confused. I booked a shuttle service on www.madrid-airport-shuttle.com for my trip next month, and I see on the voucher that the service will be provided by Aerocity. The site asked for a credit card and says it charged 26 Euros for two people from Barajas to the Plaza Mayor Hotel . The question I have is that many posters have said that Aerocity does not take credit cards and that the card is only to hold the reservation. Does that mean I'll have to pay at the time of service? Or has their policy changed? Or is this pre-paid (perhaps with a surcharge?) through www.madrid-airport-shuttle.com ? Any clarification anyone could give would be appreciated.

#14711 - 05/02/04 09:32 PM Re: Madrid Barajas airport shuttle question
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Yikes!! :eeks: 26 €, eh? Looks like that website is charging a hefty commission for their web-service. According to the Aerocity website , the charge is only 17 € for 2 persons.

Regarding the charge, I'm only guessing that your madrid-airport-shuttle.com website is the one charging you and they, in turn, will pay Aerocity and keep the 9 € difference. Wasn't there anything in your confirmation about that? I mean, are you suppose to show your driver a copy of your receipt or something?

I'm sure you could email Aerocity directly and explain your situation and they'll tell you what you need to know - in English.

Question: How is it that you decided on that more expensive shuttle website? I imagine you already know that the Aerocity shuttle service is a "shared service" and not only for you alone. You may share the shuttle van with as many as many as 6 other people, potentially stopping at 4 other hotels before reaching yours (depending your hotel's location relative to theirs).

Good luck and please let us know how it turned out.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#14712 - 05/02/04 09:45 PM Re: Madrid Barajas airport shuttle question
JoanaD Offline

Hi Carole,
I went to the www.madrid-airport-shuttle.com website and clicked on "book a shuttle". There, on the bottom of the page, you will see "booking policy" and also an email address for you to contact. Seems like a good idea to contact them and ask about that discrepancy. I've used Aerocity twice and although I gave them my credit card, they only charged it one time when I had to cancel with less than 24 hours notice. The other time I paid cash upon arriving at my destination.

Qué tengas un buen viaje!

Joana

#14713 - 05/02/04 11:32 PM Re: Madrid Barajas airport shuttle question
carole-wis Offline

Loc: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Thanks for the clarification. The service I used indicated that the reservation could be cancelled with 48 hours notice, so I think I'll do that and re-book directly with Aerocity -- I'd rather spend the extra 9 euros on more bocadillos de calamares - yum, yum!! To answer your question MM, I found that site while investigating various hotels and tours, it was a link from one of the hotel sites I think. But I have to admit that none of the sites I've looked at have been near as informative or helpful as yours! Muchas gracias.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments