Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#14674 - 04/22/04 12:27 PM AVE train from Madrid to Murcia
Ward Offline

Loc: Texas
On June 4th should I be able to buy a train ticket when I arrive in Madrid eek to Murcia? I should get into the airport at 9:45am. Take a taxi or metro? to the train station? should I take a bus to Murcia instead of a train? cool

#14675 - 04/22/04 12:39 PM Re: AVE train from Madrid to Murcia
Silvita Offline

Loc: Chicago
Take the train, it's much more comfortable than the bus. You can also purchas a ticket on Renfe's Web site and just have the ticket printed at the station when you get there. They give you a ticket locator number and confirmation sheet so that's all you have to give the ticket agent at the station. (There is even a Renfe agent at Barajas so you can get it there as soon as you arrive).

The ride is about 4.5 hours and is about 55 Euros roundtrip.

I would recommend taking a taxi to the station. It's just easier than the metro that can be hot and crowded and seem excessively so with a heavy piece of luggage. I don't remember if trains to Murcia leave from Atocha or Chamartin, but either way, you'd make at least 2 train transfers to get to either.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
1 registered (ChrisS), 1619 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments