Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#14601 - 03/30/04 09:07 PM Ariplan - Train - Foot - Airplan - Boat or Plan?
mecky Offline

Loc: US
I will be arring in Madrid end of April will then transfer to Saint Jean de Port to walk most of the Camino. Once I have arrived in Santiago de Compostela I am possible considering before returning to Madrid and then the USA to make a short trip to the Isle of Mallorca ( Santanyi). Here is my question, should I fly into Barcelona or Valencia and then go by boat to Mallorca or fly directly to Palma. I appreciate any guidance and toughts on time and money, maggie

#14602 - 03/31/04 06:56 AM Re: Ariplan - Train - Foot - Airplan - Boat or Plan?
mecky Offline

Loc: US
I will be arriving in Madrid end of April will then transfer to Saint Jean de Port to walk most of the Camino. Once I have arrived in Santiago de Compostela I am possible considering before returning to Madrid and then the USA to make a short trip to the Isle of Mallorca ( Santanyi). Here is my question, should I fly into Barcelona or Valencia and then go by boat to Mallorca or fly directly to Palma. I appreciate any guidance and toughts on time and money, maggie

#14603 - 03/31/04 07:53 PM Re: Ariplan - Train - Foot - Airplan - Boat or Plan?
Pulaski Offline

Loc: New Bedford, PA
We have travelled to Palma by flying, and also by boat. We took the over-night ferry from Barcelona and found it VERY interesting. We left Barcelona about 11:00 P.M. The boat was huge and we enjoyed watching the many large trucks loading from the dock. We did not book a cabin, but had chairs in the common area. I made reservations from home on line, but I don't know that that was necessary. The chairs were not luxurious, but were adequate--for the short term. The boat was complete with bar, disco, pool and so forth. Down side was a very early morning arrival in Palma.

#14604 - 04/01/04 08:36 AM Re: Ariplan - Train - Foot - Airplan - Boat or Plan?
Jana Offline

Loc: Tucson
For me, time would be the main consideration. If you have lots of it, the boat sounds like fun. If you would rather maximize your time in Mallorca, then fly. We flew from Valencia and the small additional cost was worth it for us. But I would like to take the ferry some day.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments