Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#14593 - 03/26/04 04:36 PM Barcelona to Sitges - Bodegas Torres
whyssb Offline

Loc: Tucson, Az
We would like to tour Bodegas Torres which I believe is in Sitges. Can anyone offer any suggestions on the best way to get there from Barcelona? The Renfe site didn't list Sitges as a destination, could it be listed by the station name or on a different railway site? Also, is it realistic to do this as a day trip? Thanks for any suggestions! Whyssb

#14594 - 03/26/04 05:29 PM Re: Barcelona to Sitges - Bodegas Torres
Arturo Offline

Loc: New York, NY USA
I just checked the RENFE website and they seem to have changed the format. I liked the old format better.

The trains from Barcelona to Sitges are called Regionales. There are a series of symbols on the RENFE site, one of which is for the Regionales. If you click on the symbol, you will be able to get info for travel between Barcelona and Sitges.

#14595 - 03/29/04 04:15 PM Re: Barcelona to Sitges - Bodegas Torres
whyssb Offline

Loc: Tucson, Az
Thanks for the help, I agree, the website seems more confusing now. Just got an email confirming an invitation to tour the winery. Can't wait! Whyssb

#14596 - 03/29/04 09:39 PM Re: Barcelona to Sitges - Bodegas Torres
vicki Offline

Loc: Seattle, WA USA
You might want to double check the town the Bodega Torres is in. I believe it is outside of Vilafranca del Penedés, which is northwest of Sitges...and I know this because I took the wrong train and accidentaly got to see the exterior of Torres winery first hand from the train...at night...going the wrong direction. rolleyes Had I know that was where I was going, I would have requested a tour wink

Seriously, the regionales can be a bit confusing when leaving from Sants in Barcelona (if that is where you are leaving from) because many (and I mean many) of them leave from the same two platforms. Not impossible, just a bit confusing. You could probably take the Regional and then catch a cab to the winery in Pacs, if you needed to, or just walk. Who knows, maybe they even have a shuttle to the winery from town.

According to Lonely Planet, the actual winery is located about 3 km northwest of town center in Pacs. Here is their web site Torres winery tour in Pacs

Have a great time!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments