Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#14484 - 03/12/04 04:20 PM Madrid: terrorist attack at Atocha
wilnogirl Offline

I think it's safe to say that all of us who have such wonderful memories of Spain and Madrid and travelling by train from Atocha to explore far-flung areas of the country are horrified by yesterdays bombings. My heart goes out to the residents of Madrid and to the friends and families of those killed or injured. Let's all vow not to let terrorism prevent us from visiting the places we love. We will be back in Spain next year!!! Cobrar animo.

#14485 - 03/12/04 06:52 PM Re: Madrid: terrorist attack at Atocha
salamanca02 Offline

Loc: usa
I agree with you. Likewise, I have fond memories of going in an out of Atocha station. My heart goes out to all the people of spain, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

#14486 - 03/12/04 10:45 PM Re: Madrid: terrorist attack at Atocha
Peter San Diego Offline

Loc: San Marcos, near San Diego , C...
I was in Madrid last week and was horrified to see what happened yesterday. I am back in the states now, and I have been glued to the news for the past 48 hours. All I can think of is how much I wish I was there, to show my support, not just as an american, but as a Madrileno, because we are ALL in this together. I wish they could feel our deepest support and sympathy.

Atocha, (and the other stations), will be even dearer in our hearts in the months and years to come. As we travel in and out, we will never forget, but it WILL be dearer to us, and we will value more the precious and inexplicable ambiance and excitement that traveling through Spain gives us.

We can't let these cowards win. If they were so "brave", they would not hide in the shadows.

This will not go unpunished. The damage is done and we will never forget, but more than ever........we need to stay the course, travel, and enjoy like never before.

Spain is precious, and its people are warmer then any on this planet. And after this, Spain is more special than ever. We all stand behind you in support and love for freedom.

We will never forget.

Peter

#14487 - 03/12/04 10:48 PM Re: Madrid: terrorist attack at Atocha
Peter San Diego Offline

Loc: San Marcos, near San Diego , C...
I was in Madrid last week and was horrified to see what happened yesterday. I am back in the states now, and I have been glued to the news for the past 48 hours. All I can think of is how much I wish I was there, to show my support, not just as an american, but as a Madrileno, because we are ALL in this together. I wish they could feel our deepest support and sympathy.

Atocha, (and the other stations), will be even dearer in our hearts in the months and years to come. As we travel in and out, we will never forget, but it WILL be dearer to us, and we will value more the precious and inexplicable ambiance and excitement that traveling through Spain gives us.

We can't let these cowards win. If they were so "brave", they would not hide in the shadows.

This will not go unpunished. The damage is done and we will never forget, but more than ever........we need to stay the course, travel, and enjoy like never before.

Spain is precious, and its people are warmer then any on this planet. And after this, Spain is more special than ever. We all stand behind you in support and love for freedom.

We will never forget.

Peter

#14488 - 03/13/04 01:27 PM Re: Madrid: terrorist attack at Atocha
HIRENSHAH Offline

Loc: INDIA
I WAS DEEPLY MOVED BY THE NEWS OF TERRORIST ATTACK ON SPAIN. WE HAVE BEEN FACING TERRORISM IN KASHMIR IN INDIA SINCE PAST 5 DECADES. I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE AWARE OF THE PEOPLE OF SPAIN, THAT ISLAMIC EXTREMISM IS BECOMING INCREMENTAL ACROSS THE WORLD AND IF WE DO NOT CURB THEM SOON, WE ARE GOING TO BE IN DIRE PROBLEMS, ITS HIGH TIME, LET ALL THE PEOPLE OF WORLD UNITE AGAINST ISLAMIC EXTREMISM, AND ESPECIALLY I WOULD LIKE TO ADVISE SPANISH AND EUROPEAN GIRLS, NOT TO FALL INTO THE TRAP LAID BY MUSLIM GUYS, BECAUSE THEY ARE ALWAYS ON THE LOOK OUT FOR GULLIBLE NON-MUSLIM GIRLS TO FALL TO THEIR PREY AND GET MARRIED TO THEM SO THAT THEY CAN BE CONVERTED INTO MUSLIM !! MUSLIM EXTREMISTS HAVE A STRATEGIC PLANNING TO MAKE SPAIN, FRANCE AND INDIA TO BE MUSLIM DOMINATED COUNTRIES BY THE END OF 2015, 2020 & 2025 RESPECTIVELY. I WOULD BE PLEASED TO RECEIVE YOUR RESPONSES DIRECTLY ON MY MAIL hiren@presidency.com.

#14489 - 03/14/04 03:29 AM Re: Madrid: terrorist attack at Atocha
mencey Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
Let us keep in mind that this thread was intended to show support for our Spanish brothers and sisters. There were well over 4000 members of this message board before the 3/11 incident in Madrid. All 4000+ are members because we love Spain, we love the people and we love the culture. This is not the appropriate time, nor place to start a highly controversial topic with your own political agenda in mind. It is clear that you only joined this board to start a very tired debate, as this was your first post. I, along with every other member of this board( I feel that I am speaking for the majority) welcome you to this board if it is because you, like us, love spain and its people. However, if you have popped in to start a controversial political/religious debate, it's possible you've come to the wrong board. Viva Espana!

#14490 - 03/14/04 07:48 AM Re: Madrid: terrorist attack at Atocha
filbert Offline
Executive Member

Loc: London
Firstly I'd just like to add my sentiments and feelings of sympathy to the Spanish people. If anyone reading this is from Spain and is visiting the UK, please feel free to visit me in Oxford (07957 316675). You will be made very welcome.
Secondly, if anyone is travelling to Madrid, and concerned about using the Metro to and from the airport, remember there is an airport bus as well as taxis you can use.
Also for onward travel to other major cities, baggage is checked by x-ray at the RENFE stations. I myself had my baggage checked at ATOCHA when I travelled to Valencia a couple of weeks ago. It's just so sad that this was not available (and probably isn't feasible) for commuter journeys.

#14491 - 03/19/04 12:29 PM Re: Madrid: terrorist attack at Atocha
der_geograf Offline

Loc: Baton Rouge, Louisiana
I agree wilnogirl . . . I was in the Atocha station two weeks before the bombing, at the same time of morning waiting for the AVE train to Sevilla. This tragedy has affected me so much, even though I am far away. My friends are alright, but they, like most Madrileños I would say, either knew a victim or knew of a victim.

Madrileños are tough, cool folks, and my heart pours out for them. And you are right--we can't bow down by letting the terrorists alter our views of such a wonderful city and country and scare us in to not returning.

I am looking at trying to go back in November if possible!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Mario70
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2022 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments