Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#14461 - 03/09/04 12:02 AM Oviedo to Madrid via car
RennerLKO Offline

Loc: Oregon USA
First timer to Spain and I'm driving with my wife, daughter and brother-in-law from Oviedo to Madrid.
Any hints on who to toss out 3 hours into the drive? Just kidding...
Can someone give me an idea of driving conditions around March 26, i.e, chains required thru the mountains, etc?

#14462 - 03/09/04 04:03 AM Re: Oviedo to Madrid via car
Jamongris Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, from London
I've done this drive by motorway and assuming this is your route I would be extremely surprised if you have any problems at all. The bit from Oviedo to Leon is through mountains but the motorway is very well maintained and usually kept clear. It's also extremely pretty. From Leon to Madrid is the opposite (straight, flat, etc but roads still good) except the Sierra just outside Madrid.

Re the first part, tough choice, depends on what the brother in law is like. If the mother in law was there too then there'd be no choice to make of course. smile

#14463 - 03/10/04 10:33 AM Re: Oviedo to Madrid via car
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
For information about driving conditions check out Dirección General de Tráfico website.

#14464 - 03/10/04 12:14 PM Re: Oviedo to Madrid via car
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Another great website (in Enlish) is Vía Michelin @ http://www.ViaMichelin.com/ . This site gives driving directions, times, distance, maps, etcetera. Really excellent.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments