Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#14451 - 03/05/04 12:50 PM Madrid:Taxi cost from Airport to Atocha train station
Ward Offline

Loc: Texas
What should I expect to pay for a taxi to Atocha train stain from the airport two people and 4 pieces of luggage? Thanks

#14452 - 03/06/04 03:10 PM Re: Madrid:Taxi cost from Airport to Atocha train station
eduardo Offline

Loc: Madrid
You should expect to pay whatever shows on the meter (probably around 13-14 Euros) plus the 4.20 Euro airport surcharge. There is no longer a surcharge for luggage (though 4 pieces might not fit in the trunk of a standard taxi and you might need to request a mini-van or two taxis). Depending on how fit you are and time of day (avoid rush hours), you can also do this trip by a combination of Metro and Cercania train or Metro alone.

#14453 - 03/07/04 05:02 PM Re: Madrid:Taxi cost from Airport to Atocha train station
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
As Eduardo suggests, you can take the subway from the airport to "Nuevos Ministerios" and the the commuter train from there to "Atocha". It should take you about 25-30 minutes. Perhaps this is even faster than a taxi.

By the way, if you have the train tickets by the time you arrive at Nuevos Ministerios, I've heard you can travel for free on the commuter trains from Nuevos Ministerios to Atocha just showing them. It seems they are kind enough to let you go for free to your departure station. However, I've never tried myself and I'm not sure whether this system is still valid.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2728 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments