MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#14385 - 02/22/04 06:53 AM air tickets online
sookkwan Offline

Loc: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
hey all,

i managed to book tickets for my husband and i via spanair for madrid-barcelona for 39.50 euros per person.

we now need air tickets for our barcelona-sevilla and granada-barcelona routes. found www.despegar.es but it's entirely in spanish! so i'm not sure if non-spaniards like myself are eligible for their online rates or not. 28 euros for granada-barcelona is mighty tempting!

iberia's rates are good too for barcelona-sevilla and granada-barcelona BUT didn't someone say that you have to be in spain to collect the tickets within 72 hours of booking?

we're leaving kuala lumpur, malaysia on 29 april and will be in spain for 3 weeks. hotels are all booked - it's our city connections that are not so concrete yet.

can anyone help?!

#14386 - 02/24/04 07:46 PM Re: air tickets online
El Dougo Offline

For Iberia, no, you don't have to pick up your ticket in 72 hours. If you can choose an E (cyber) ticket, you receive a confirmation code, and a "BILLETE ELECTRONICO" by email. You could choose the pickup option, and then you'd have to pickup in 72 hours. The third option is to have them delivered to you. There are different service fees for each option.

#14387 - 02/24/04 08:54 PM Re: air tickets online
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
I'm sure any hotel you are booked in would accept them.

#14388 - 02/24/04 09:57 PM Re: air tickets online
sookkwan Offline

el dougo, you mentioned iberia air sends a "BILLETE ELECTRONICO" by email. well all i received was a confirmation code and itinerary on their website. there have been no emails.

i read in their general terms and conditions that i only need to show my "card" at the iberia check-in counter to get my tickets on departure day. do they mean my credit card? that was a bit confusing. i wrote to them but have not received a reply yet.

#14389 - 02/25/04 12:53 PM Re: air tickets online
El Dougo Offline

Well, I received 2 emails, the first a confirmation, and the second, a "BILLETE ELECTRONICO." Did you register with your correct email address? (login, check My Iberia,, then Member Information). Did you select the ciberticket option in "Methods of Delivery?" Was ciberticket ("E") an option for your flight? In your website confirmation, near the bottom, they list "Delivery of Tickets," which states the delivery method you selected. That's the only place you can reference what delivery method you selected (so it's good you printed it): I can't find that info in "My Trips." It was not in the first email, though the 2nd email, the BILLETE ELECTRONICO, tells you it's a ciberticket. Hope it works out OK

#14390 - 02/25/04 11:15 PM Re: air tickets online
sookkwan Offline

i wrote to iberia air again. i received a confirmation email from spanair so i was surprised not to have had anything from iberia air. maybe i should call them?

i managed to get the barcelona-sevilla tickets via europebyair.com - or so i thought. i received an email from them this morning saying they had to cancel my reservation as they are not able to process credit cards issued overseas. du-uh. how silly of me to think that credit cards are meant for international use. *wink*

anyway, it's back to the drawing board. cheapest by far is air europa at 98 euros. spanair's rate is 137 euros and iberia air is offering the flight for 178 euros.

i'll keep searching. giving myself until tomorrow evening to find something that doesn't go into the 3 figure bracket. can't take the bus/train from barcelona to sevilla - don't have the time!

#14391 - 02/26/04 12:21 PM Re: air tickets online
El Dougo Offline

I'd check your credit card account on an Iberia purchase. They charged me twice the ticket price. They take credit cards, and how! *wink*
Another thing you could try is to check into flying into Jerez de la Frontera, or Malaga, and taking the train from there to Sevilla.

#14392 - 02/27/04 12:06 PM Re: air tickets online
sookkwan Offline

iberia.com got back to me and said they emailed me my billeto. never received it so hv asked them to send again. *keeping fingers and toes crossed*

as for the barcelona-sevilla flight, here's a tip: every friday evening, spanair lowers its prices!! found tickets for 28 euros...but there seems to be a problem with the online booking. i selected '2 adults' but it's displaying the final cost for only 1 adult. when i click to go back to the previous page, i get a message telling me 'bad command' or something like that.

nevertheless, i shall keep trying!

#14393 - 02/29/04 09:21 PM Re: air tickets online
sookkwan Offline

I DID IT *happy jig*

finally got the 28 euros barcelona-sevilla air tickets with spanair.com. i think the system was acting up cos i could only buy one ticket at a time. so my husband and i bought one each. called them immediately to check - and it's all confirmed!

i just checked online - and it's still 28 euros. so if anyone is heading to sevilla from barcelona, log on NOW as i'm not sure when the specials end!

am waiting for iberia air to get back to me abt the ciberticket and we're set!

#14394 - 03/01/04 01:13 AM Re: air tickets online
Au Offline

Loc: Singapore
Sorry that I only read this post now. Jus wan to share that after comparing prices, i book my SEV-BCN via Iberia, which after adding tax amts to 28.56. For Spainair, it's 28 + 5.56 = 33.56.

Well...every penny counts.... smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments