Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#14364 - 02/19/04 12:57 PM Madrid: What train station is closest to the airport?
Ward Offline

Loc: Texas
Does the bus or subway go to the closest train station to the airport? which train station should I use to go to Mucia?

#14365 - 02/19/04 02:20 PM Re: Madrid: What train station is closest to the airport?
Nativo Offline

Loc: Madrid
Let's assume you will be arriving to Barajas airport in the morning and you want to take a train to Murcia, southest trains leave from Atocha train station.

My option, depending on how heavy your bagage is, will be taking the subway from the airport (airport station line 8) to Atocha Renfe train station where you can get your train to the southwest.

The subway is all you need for the whole trip

http://www.metromadrid.es/ look on Plano de Metro

#14366 - 02/23/04 11:42 AM Re: Madrid: What train station is closest to the airport?
Torrales Offline

Loc: Madrid
Apart of the option Nativo said (i.e. metro all the way from the Airport to Atocha Renfe, transferring lines two times), there's another one, a bit more comfortable if you are carrying luggage.

That is, taking the metro (line 8) from the Airport to Nuevos Ministerios (the end of the line) and there transfer to the commuter trains system called Cercanias. It actually works as a metro inside Madrid with very high frequency of trains.

In the metro station, look for the sign of Cercanias (kind of a white rotated C on a red background) and there go to platform 4 (IIRC, there it stop the southbound trains to Atocha). Anyway, it is well indicated. Once you arrive at Atocha-Cercanias, follow the signs to Grandes Lineas (Long distance lines) or AVE. It will take you to the adjacent Puerta de Atocha station, where your train to Murcia departs from.

You will pay an additional euro to use the Cercanias, rather than only metro, but you will get to Puerta de Atocha faster (trip from N. Ministerios to Atocha-Cercanias is about 7 minutes long, and I'd be very surprised if you have to wait more than 5-10 minutes for the trains) and in a more comfortable way.

Have a nice trip.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2592 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments