Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#14330 - 02/13/04 08:13 PM Madrid Airport to Alcala de Henares:Transportation?
warnerchilcott Offline

Loc: Montgomery, AL, USA
What is the best way to get to Partner Cisneros Hotel in Alcala de Henares from the Madrid Airport. There are two of us and luggage. Thanks for any advice!!!

#14331 - 02/18/04 07:06 PM Re: Madrid Airport to Alcala de Henares:Transportation?
jvnlb Offline

Loc: Long Beach, CA
Check out " Aerocity " a service that offers van transport to and from Madrid airport. Check it out, they might be able to help.

#14332 - 02/18/04 07:32 PM Re: Madrid Airport to Alcala de Henares:Transportation?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
You should also be able to take a taxi for less than the cost of going into Madrid city.

You might even send the hotel an email (or call) through their website @ http://www.partner-hotels.com/ and ask if they provide a shuttle service. It doesn't mention such on their website but maybe "Juan Carlos" (or whomever) can come pick you up for a fee.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#14333 - 02/20/04 10:17 AM Re: Madrid Airport to Alcala de Henares:Transportation?
warnerchilcott Offline

Thanks for your response. I have booked a ride with aerocity - 55 euros!!! Seems excessive to me but I'll let it stand until I come up with another idea. The hotel does not provide a shuttle.

#14334 - 02/20/04 10:42 AM Re: Madrid Airport to Alcala de Henares:Transportation?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Sounds like, since you're NOT going into Madrid, they're "renting you" the entire van. 55 Euros is like $69 USD! eek I'd recommend getting a taxi instead. They'll likely charge around half that or maybe 35 Euros.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#14335 - 02/21/04 12:05 PM Re: Madrid Airport to Alcala de Henares:Transportation?
warnerchilcott Offline

Thanks MM - I think I'll take a cab! smile

#14336 - 02/22/04 10:39 AM Re: Madrid Airport to Alcala de Henares:Transportation?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
There's a Cercanias (Renfe rail) station in San Fernando, maybe the closest place to aeropuerto de Barajas where you can catch a train to Alcala de Henares. You might take a local taxi to San Fernando, tell the driver your final destination is Alcala and see how he/she reacts to that (i.e., be prepared to NEGOTIATE!) laugh

The taxista might want to take you all the way to Alcala when he/she knows that's your destination but he/she will also know that you have options. rolleyes

It will depend on how anxious he/she is to make a deal!

That's how I would do it.

#14337 - 02/22/04 12:45 PM Re: Madrid Airport to Alcala de Henares:Transportation?
marilisa Offline

Loc: Virginia (EE.UU.)
Another thing you'll have to watch out for when taking a taxi to Alcala.....some taxi drivers will charge you a fee to get back to the airport since they may not have anyone (a paying customer) to take back to Barajas. If you don't have lots of luggage, I think taking the "cercanias" train from San Fernando is your best bet.

#14338 - 03/17/04 02:01 PM Re: Madrid Airport to Alcala de Henares:Transportation?
aerocity Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Hi all!
Please note that Alcalá de Henares is 37 kms away from Madrid and thus 55 euros is quite a reasonable fare.
Also, it is a rate for a "express" service not shared, as we do not offer shared services to Alcalá.
I do not think that a taxi would be much cheaper.
Best regards,

#14339 - 03/17/04 07:05 PM Re: Madrid Airport to Alcala de Henares:Transportation?
warnerchilcott Offline

From the maps I've studied it looks like a trip to Alcala would be of no greater distance from the airport than a trip to downtown Madrid (an a lot less traffic)! Those downtown trips are a whole lot less!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2702 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments