Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#14320 - 02/10/04 11:22 PM Touring Segovia from Madrid
whyssb Offline

Loc: Tucson, Az
I will be exploring Madrid in May and am interested in any suggestions about going to Segovia as I will not have a car. What is the best option, bus, train, tour bus? Thanks

#14321 - 02/11/04 05:22 AM Re: Touring Segovia from Madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi whyssb! Welcome to our little message board!

You should be able to find loads of information on both options here by doing a search (see "search" link near upper righthand corner) and use keywords like MADRID SEGOVIA BUS or MADRID SEGOVIA TRAIN.

Segovia and Toledo are the two most popular daytrips from Madrid and we're fortunate to have a nice database of experiences on those topics here. I've been 3 times but only by car. I understand the bus ride is fast, cheap, and comfortable.

Have a great time! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#14322 - 02/11/04 02:58 PM Re: Touring Segovia from Madrid
almohada Offline

Loc: Madrid
Whyssb,
GO to http://www.renfe.es

You'll find the complete timetable
Cost 5,10€ (though round trip price is discounted somewhat) Trip Duration: about 2 hours.

A

#14323 - 02/12/04 08:38 PM Re: Touring Segovia from Madrid
writejudi Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
I've been lurking here for a couple of years and have gotten GREAT information from so many of you. Muchas gracias! (Don't know how to get the upside down one at the beginning.) This is my first post.

I just wanted to mention that we drove to Segovia on May 1 two years ago through a substantial snowstorm! So depending when you go in May, be prepared for any kind of weather. However you get to Segovia, it is a fabulous city--an aquaduct to end all aquaducts!

Me encanta espana!

Judi

#14324 - 02/14/04 06:37 PM Re: Touring Segovia from Madrid
kk49827 Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
I've been to Segovia by both bus and train.

The train is great because it's very scenic and roomy. The downside is that it takes about 15 minutes longer and the train stop is about a 20 minute walk from downtown Segovia. However, it's a nice walk if you're looking to do some walking.

The bus is faster and is also a nice scenic ride. The bus stop takes you right to the center of town, so I'd probably recommend either one. Neither of them cost more than $10 the last time I was there.
Have fun!

#14325 - 02/15/04 03:45 PM Re: Touring Segovia from Madrid
whyssb Offline

Loc: Tucson, Az
Thanks to everyone for the input. I was looking at doing a guided tour bus. Now I have come to the conclusion that it would just be transportation to get there and we end up walking around everywhere. Think we'll take the bus and buy my own lunch!

#14326 - 02/15/04 11:47 PM Re: Touring Segovia from Madrid
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
whyssb, the bus company that makes this route is La Sepulvedana @ http://www.lasepulvedana.es/ . From the looks of the schedule there are about 2 dozen outbound buses going to Segovia daily. Wow! eek Price is 5.51 Euros each way or 8.82 Euros for round-trip tickets. So cheap. Have fun and enjoy Segovia - and Madrid too!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Mario70
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2019 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments