Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#14286 - 01/27/04 04:11 PM What is the best way to travel from Madrid to Mojacar/Garrucha area?
Ward Offline

Loc: Texas
I am planning on renting a car at the Madrid airport and driving to Gurrucha on the coast. Where is a good town to stop and spend the nighton the way down? could you recommend a place to stay? How long will it take to drive from Madrid to Mojacar/Garrucha? Is driving and renting a car the best way? Are there sites to see along the way? I have never been to Spain.

#14287 - 01/28/04 03:54 AM Re: What is the best way to travel from Madrid to Mojacar/Garrucha area?
Anonymous
Unregistered

I never heard of such town.

#14288 - 01/28/04 05:32 AM Re: What is the best way to travel from Madrid to Mojacar/Garrucha area?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
According to the ViaMichelin.com site, there is a "Guargacho" but on the Canary Island of Tenerife. Do you intend to DRIVE there? hehehe.. wink

You might check the spelling and ask again - and/or tell us in what region of Spain is this Gurrucha. Good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan confused

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#14289 - 01/28/04 05:48 AM Re: What is the best way to travel from Madrid to Mojacar/Garrucha area?
Anonymous
Unregistered

i was luckier today. Gurrucha seems to be in Almería. smile

A web page with some side-relation with Gurrucha

#14290 - 01/28/04 09:24 AM Re: What is the best way to travel from Madrid to Mojacar/Garrucha area?
jlramos Offline

Loc: New York NY EEUU
Probably means GARRUCHA. You're right Ignacio, it's in Almeria, very close to Mojacar. Lovely area.

#14291 - 01/28/04 10:43 AM Re: What is the best way to travel from Madrid to Mojacar/Garrucha area?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
FYI: The Garrucha City Hall website (only in Spanish) is @ http://www.dipalme.org/garrucha/

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#14292 - 01/28/04 10:49 AM Re: What is the best way to travel from Madrid to Mojacar/Garrucha area?
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Garrucha is one of my favourite places - no real idea why, I just felt happy there.

Great fried chiperones and churros in the bustling indoor market laugh

I once had the whole big beach, in front of the town, to myself and spent a long time letting the sand run through my fingers whilst I basked in the warm sun in October. It was lovely sand. Sigh .....

A lively fishing port too.

Hope you like it cool

Sorry I can't help you with the travel from Madrid frown

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2736 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments