Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#14244 - 12/28/03 11:19 AM Hotel Carlos V to Madrid Airport
Myer Offline

Loc: Ft Lauderdale, Florida
What are the choices (not Metro) to go from a Sol area hotel (Carlos V) to Madrid airport?

How much time should I allow between 8-9AM on a Tuesday morning (10:40AM flight)?

Also, how much time should I allow between getting to the airport and flight time (domestic)?

I'm trying to decide between AVE and Plane between Madrid and Seville.

Thanks.

#14245 - 12/28/03 09:38 PM Re: Hotel Carlos V to Madrid Airport
la maestra Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Tucson, Arizona
You can take a cab,or you can make arrangements with aerocity...a service that runs from the city to the airport. But I think I'd take the Ave myself. I don't think a train station involves nearly as much hassle as an airport, and the Ave almost flies as it is!

#14246 - 12/28/03 09:54 PM Re: Hotel Carlos V to Madrid Airport
Myer Offline

Loc: Ft Lauderdale, Florida
La Maestra,

The plane is less than half the cost of AVE. I just thought unless we have to be at the airport 2 hours before the flight, it might be an idea.

That's why I asked the amount of time required to get to the airport and how far in advance you must be there.

#14247 - 12/29/03 01:42 AM Re: Hotel Carlos V to Madrid Airport
Anonymous
Unregistered

You are told to be 1 or 2 hours in advance in the airport for domestic flights. Before, 2 hours was what you were asked for international ones, but now I believe it's 3, and 2 instead of 1 for domestic ones.

But in AVE you need to be there in advance if you just reserve tickets. I don't recall well, but you might have to be there one ot two hours in advance too. You could have had bought them before and avoid this measure. But be also some minutes in advance because you'll need to pass through security measures anyway.

However, it's usually much easier to reach Atocha by car than the airport. But any of both options could get very complicated if there was a traffic jam in the airport road or the Castellana Street. Metro would be safer to reach any of the two places in time unless there is a failure in the network, if you are going to be on a tight timetable, as uncomfortable as it can be.

If there was no jam, you could reach the airport in 25/45 minutes from Sol area, and 10 minutes to Atocha (AVE), but it could be almost double to the airport if there was a jam, or 30 minutes to Atocha.

I don't know how jammed is the airport road will be at that hours. I never go to the airport about 10 a.m.. I never find that road jammed, and I have been many times to the airport, athough I heard sometimes it gets (but it's much more common in the airport to madrid sense).

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments