Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#14231 - 12/18/03 01:40 AM Cab Fare to Airport in Barcelona?
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Does anyone have a recent experience with cabfares from central Barcelona (Boqueria, Plza. Catalunya etc.) to the airport? My most recent Lonely Planet says 2500 ptas!

I have a flight from Barca to Chicago in early February and judging from my last several flights out of Madrid (total baggage search!), I should get there the required 2 1/2 hours before. It is a 9:30 AM flight, which means leaving the hotel around 6-6:30!

#14232 - 12/18/03 05:32 AM Re: Cab Fare to Airport in Barcelona?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Well if The Lonely Planet says to pay 2500 pesetas, pues, pay the 2500 pesetas and then take a photo of his/her face with his/her reaction! hehehe wink

According to www.BCN.es on THIS page, there's a bus for tourists (similar to the one in Madrid from Plaza de Colón to the airport, I imagine) from/to Plaza de Catalunya to/from the airport. Here are some "datos":

Quote:
Aerobus (Airport Bus)

Description:
Runs between the Barcelona Airport and pl. Catalunya.

Year:

Operating times:

First departure from pl. Catalunya: Mon-Fri:5.30/Sat-Sun/holidays:6 h.
Last departure from pl. Catalunya: Mon-Sun/holidays:23.15 h.
First departure from the airport: Mon-Fri:6/Sat-Sun/holidays:6.30 h.
Last departure from the airport:: Mon-Sun/holidays:24 h.

Frequency:
every 12 minutes.

Fare:
One way:3,45 €
Round trip: 5,90 €
purchase the ticket on the bus.

Lengt of journey:
30 minutes aproximately.

Stops:
plaça Catalunya (in front of El Corte Inglés, just in front of the Tom Bus stop) -
pg. Gràcia/Diputació-av. Roma/Comte d'Urgell-
Estació de Sants-
pl Espanya/Creu Coberta-aeroport (terminal A) -
aeroport (terminal B) -
aeroport (terminal C) -
plaça Espanya (torres venecianes) -
Gran Via Corts Catalanes/Comte d'Urgell -
plaça Universitat -
plaça Catalunya.
I've done a SEARCH on the same site but can't come up with any info on taxi fares. Too bad we don't have a "regular" on the message board from BCN.

Anyone else? Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#14233 - 12/18/03 03:37 PM Re: Cab Fare to Airport in Barcelona?
DCS Offline

Loc: Madrid
Of course the best option is to make friends with someone that has a car.

#14234 - 12/18/03 05:24 PM Re: Cab Fare to Airport in Barcelona?
Arturo Offline

Loc: New York, NY USA
I got this information from the following site:

Airwise.com

Taxi

Journey time from central Barcelona is around 20-30 minutes.

Fare: Between EUR€15 and EUR€25 depending on destination.

Train

Train services to the airport are available every 30 minutes from Clot-Arago, Arc de Triomf, Placa Catalunya and Barcelona Sants stations.
Services operate 05:30 - 22:11.

Journey times from: Clot-Arago 31 mins, Arc de Triomf 27 mins, Placa Catalunya 25 mins and Barcelona Sants 20 mins.

Fare: EUR€2.
The airport station is connected to the terminals by moving walkways.

Information is available on Tel: 902 24 02 02.

I used the train in May and found it very convenient as long as you do not have too much luggage. I believe the fare was 2,20 euros, because when I asked the price at the booth, the man just held up a sign with 2,20 on it. He must get asked that question over and over so it is easier to just hold up his sign.

#14235 - 12/18/03 06:49 PM Re: Cab Fare to Airport in Barcelona?
Mongo Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Minneapolis, Minnesota USA
Thanks Arturo! I'll be keeping that link.

I have used the train several times, but due to the early hour and the distance from the train to the terminal I am considering the cab.

As for having friends with cars, I have many in Madrid, but after a long night on "la marcha" (which always seems to happen on my last night), I would never trust them to drive me! wink

MadridMan-I haven't considered the bus, but it sounds like a good option-no stops and a nice stroll up The Ramblas from Pension Dali to Catalunya at 6 AM. On the train, the transfer from the metro to RENFE at Sants can be hectic with luggage. Up from the metro, buy a ticket and down again to the train. I plan on having an extra bag full of La Casera and a wheel or two of Manchego cheese! smile

#14236 - 12/19/03 10:54 AM Re: Cab Fare to Airport in Barcelona?
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
Iv never taken a taxi, my friends normally take me to the airport in their car, but once last semester I did use the bus shuttle to the airport. It was easy to use, no problems at all. I just got on at Plaza Catalunya and it went straight there. Very cheap also. Plus, it was convenient because I had an early morning flight back to Granada, and it probably would have tough to flag down a taxi in the residential neighborhood where I was.

#14237 - 04/24/04 07:10 PM Re: Cab Fare to Airport in Barcelona?
catho Offline

I have enjoyed learning a great deal about traveling in Spain on this board from real travelers. Your love for Spain is truly infectious.

Does anyone know if there are elevators or escalators at the underground Aerobus terminal at Placa de Catalunya? We have two large suitcases and need to take a taxi from the street level to our hostal near the Liceu Opera House.

I assume this would be a much cheaper alternative to taking a taxi from the airport to our hostal. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Catho

#14238 - 04/26/04 03:27 PM Re: Cab Fare to Airport in Barcelona?
Joel Villarini Offline

Loc: San Juan, Puerto Rico
2 weeks ago I payed 17 euros from BCN airport to Hostal Opera (liceu metro station) and that is including 2 bags...

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1573 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments