Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#14227 - 12/10/03 02:20 PM Tarjeta Dorada (Gold Card)--Senior discount on trains
El Dougo Offline

Can American citizens get the gold card? I did a search of this site, she "thought" no. The Renfe web site seems to say yes, though that is not clear. Guidebooks aren't clear--so what is it? Anybody actually get one recently?

#14228 - 12/10/03 09:27 PM Re: Tarjeta Dorada (Gold Card)--Senior discount on trains
JA Offline

Loc: usa
I believe you have to be a resident and have some type of card (tarjeta) that certifies that you are old. Looks are not enough...

#14229 - 12/11/03 06:38 AM Re: Tarjeta Dorada (Gold Card)--Senior discount on trains
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
El_Dougo writes:
Quote:
Can American citizens get the gold card? ... The Renfe web site seems to say yes, though that is not clear.
Yes; but: to be eligible to purchase the regular tarjeta dorada you must reside in Spain. Renfe has its own tarjeta dorada, good only on Renfe. The ticket Agent at Sevilla Santa Justa was willing to sell me one when I showed him my EU Member Country Passport but it wouldn't have saved me anything. rolleyes
Quote:
Guidebooks aren't clear--so what is it? Anybody actually get one recently?
Some 'long haul' bus companies in Spain will give you a 'Senior' discount if you are over-60 and ask for it - just show your passport. cool

#14230 - 12/11/03 08:49 AM Re: Tarjeta Dorada (Gold Card)--Senior discount on trains
El Dougo Offline

You're right. I just received this e-mail from Renfe: "To be beneficiary of Gold Card you have to be resident in Spain. The foreign citizens have to credit its residence in Spain, by a residence or registry certificate."

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments