Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#14220 - 11/30/03 07:34 PM Barcelona city tour
mgarcia Offline

Loc: detroit
I will be traveling to Barcelona in February and would like to take a city tour when I first arrive. Once there I would like to take a day trip on a tour bus to a nearby city. So far, the tour companies I have looked at are very expensive. Does anyone have a reasonable priced tour company they can reccomend?

#14221 - 11/30/03 07:37 PM Re: Barcelona city tour
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
I believe that Barcelona, like Madrid, has a double-decker, open-top hop-on-hop-off cirucular or multi-route touristic bus tour of the city but I don't recall the name. Anyone?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#14222 - 12/01/03 06:00 AM Re: Barcelona city tour
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
MadridMan writes:
Quote:
believe that Barcelona, like Madrid, has a double-decker, open-top hop-on-hop-off cirucular or multi-route touristic bus tour of the city but I don't recall the name. Anyone?
Do the name Bus Turistic ring a bell?? rolleyes

I'm not sure if it operates during the winter months.

#14223 - 12/01/03 12:10 PM Re: Barcelona city tour
Cornelio Offline

Loc: Dublin, CA
The "Bus Turistica" operates year round except for Dec 25 and Jan 1. It is a hop-on hop-off bus with live, not prerecorded, audio guide. The bus hits the main Barcelona sites and gives you the "lay of the land" so to speak. More information can be obtained from http://www.tmb.net/eng/fes_turisme/festurisme_bus.jsp

As for guided tours, you can compare the prices that you found with that on this web site http://www.shop.viator.com/brochure/ed_PRODUCT_results.jsp;jsessionid=aK9S6CkJ0498?CITY=BARCELONA&L=MOSTPOP
I have used VIATOR in many trips to Europe and have found them to be very reasonable though not necessarily the cheapest. They usually subcontract with reputable local tour operators.

#14224 - 12/01/03 12:44 PM Re: Barcelona city tour
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Eddie wrote with heavy sarcastic overtones:
Quote:
Do the name Bus Turistic ring a bell?? rolleyes
And what is the bus turistic called in Madrid? Answer: It's NOT called the "Bus Turistic" but rather it has a proper name - it's called Madrid Vision. Probably the bus turistic in Barcelona had a proper name too and maybe a website. And thanks to Cornelio's link above, I see its proper name is Barcelona Bus Turistic. Thanks for that, Cornelio. smile

Sheesh, Eddie! Did you eat some bad leftover turkey or something? Man-oh-man! rolleyes

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#14225 - 12/02/03 05:45 AM Re: Barcelona city tour
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
Sorry if I offended you, MadridMan. You 'dropped your guard' (i.e., left yourself wide open) so I thought I would 'Zing' you. :p

Gotcha! cool

#14226 - 12/02/03 05:55 AM Re: Barcelona city tour
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

"Zingers" always welcome and accepted. wink This proves that we cannot always read the faces of those typing the words. Sorry if I, in return, jumped down your turkey-neck. wink hehehe...

Saludos, MadridMan

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1863 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments