Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#14131 - 09/27/03 07:50 PM train questions
justretired Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
Please help a new traveler to Spain. In November, we are planning to travel from Madrid to Seville on the AVE train and, then, after spending 12 days or so in Andalucia, returning to Madrid from Malaga on the Talgo 200. On the Rail Europe web site, you can book trains on first or second class. Is there any need to travel first class? Also, how far in advance do you need to book the trains, and where does one pick up internet purchased tickets? Thanksin advance.

#14132 - 09/27/03 08:07 PM Re: train questions
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
There is no reason to travel 1st class. My kids and I traveled on the AVE and it is very comfortable in tourist class.

You can reserve tickets through the Renfe site although I just bought our tickets once we were in Spain. There are other threads on this site about how to do advance purchases.

We used trains, buses and a rental car to explore Andalucía for 4 weeks and it was wonderful. laugh

#14133 - 09/27/03 09:54 PM Re: train questions
kk49827 Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
The only difference I saw on the Talgo was that the first class seats tend to be a bit bigger. Other than that, I don't think there was much difference.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2086 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments