Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#14116 - 09/20/03 01:33 PM Madrid: Late night and fiesta taxi from/to airport
yuvallll Offline

Hya you all Madridians,

How much can I expect to pay for a cab for two people with luggage from the airport to the city center:
- to the airport at 11pm Thursday
- from the airport at 3pm on Dia Hispanidad

Are we likely to get ripped-off? Can this be avoided?

Cheers,

Yuval

#14117 - 09/20/03 04:27 PM Re: Madrid: Late night and fiesta taxi from/to airport
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
A taxi from the airport to the city centre should be around 20-25 €. Don't worry about the luggage because they don't charge a supplement for the luggage anymore.

As for being ripped-off you'll find a brochure at the airport with the Madrid taxi fare system and with the estimated price to some well-known destinations in the city centre. With that information in mind, the taxi driver shouldn't rip you off. If he tries, you can ask for an official receipt making sure he/she fills in all the information specially the license number. With that you can make a complaint at the city council.

#14118 - 09/22/03 09:10 AM Re: Madrid: Late night and fiesta taxi from/to airport
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
If you use Aero-City the fees are set and you will not get ripped off!!

#14119 - 09/22/03 09:23 AM Re: Madrid: Late night and fiesta taxi from/to airport
Miguelito Offline

Both trips are in tarifa 2, one is after 10 p.m. and the other is in a holiday, I think Antonio has noticed it, and with 25€ it should be more than enough, anyway, I would tell the driver, so that he will know that I know the price of the trip.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1941 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments