Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#14081 - 08/29/03 12:00 PM AVE and Luggage Capacity
Flymistr Offline

Loc: Atlanta
I read on the renfe.com site that you are only allowed one piece of luggage and one handbag on the AVE. Does anyone know how strict they are on these restrictions?
I will have a large suitcase, a large backpack, and a small backpack.

Thanks in advance for your help!

#14082 - 08/29/03 12:51 PM Re: AVE and Luggage Capacity
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
I can just tell you about my experience. Have to admit I'm a big packer - always have been and always will wink .

I've taken the AVE twice and brought on a 26" suitcase, a carry on bag that's about 21", and a daypack. I've never had a problem.

I always try to get to the platform as early as possible because some trains have limited luggage space.

Have a great trip! laugh

#14083 - 09/10/03 03:52 PM Re: AVE and Luggage Capacity
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
We took the AVE. The three of us had 3 carry-on size duffles, three daypack size backpacks, and my daughter had her golf clubs. The golf clubs went into a luggage car and we kept the other stuff with us. There are luggage racks at the back of the cars and overhead. It was not a problem. We were even able to store our things in the Córdoba in a large locker in the train station while we did a quick tour of the city before moving on.

They do X-ray everything like in the airports.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2071 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments