Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#14071 - 08/28/03 05:09 PM Iberia - flights within Spain
David_dup1 Offline

Loc: Michigan
Hi Everybody,

How reliable is Iberia within Spain? I will be in Madrid in November, and would like to make a side trip to Bilbao. Iberia has a very reasonable fare on their website, and I would prefer to fly. Looking at the flight schedule, I can fly back to Madrid on a morning flight the day I am supposed to return home to the US. My question is should I be concerned about the flight from Bilbao arriving in Madrid in time to make my flight home? The time between flights is two or three hours. I appreciate any advice you can provide. Thanks.

#14072 - 08/28/03 09:23 PM Re: Iberia - flights within Spain
CathyM Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Hermosa Beach, California
I haven't had an issue with flight times within Spain on Iberia.

Once I took a 7 a.m. flight from Santiago de Compostela to Madrid and was the first one in line for my Delta flight back to the states (had a 3 hour window).

Another time I flew from Granada to Madrid and had no problem.

That's my experiences, but I may have been lucky! laugh

#14073 - 08/29/03 11:35 AM Re: Iberia - flights within Spain
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
CathyM writes:
Quote:
Once I took a 7 a.m. flight from Santiago de Compostela to Madrid and was the first one in line for my Delta flight back to the states (had a 3 hour window).
I did that in year 2000 but it was on SpanAir (when Spanair had service MAD-IAD). I even had time to catch the M-101 bus (on the upper level) to Barajas pueblo and have farewell Churros con Chocolate at Toribio's on the Plaza. I met some relatives there and they were kind enough to drop me off back at the airport.

That same trip there was an Air Traffic Controllers' strike the morning I arrived in Madrid. Luckily, my Spanair fllight to Santiago got off before things got really bad. I watched the 'mess' on TV in Santiago.

#14074 - 09/02/03 01:09 PM Re: Iberia - flights within Spain
David_dup1 Offline

Thanks for the info! The flight times work out well and I do want to see the Guggenheim Bilbao, so will go with these plans. Now I just have to wait patiently for another two months!

#14075 - 09/02/03 02:24 PM Re: Iberia - flights within Spain
esperanza Offline
Executive Member

Loc: New York City
You will LOVE the Guggenheim! I went to Bilbao this summer for the first time. I also flew from Bilbao to Madrid on Iberia. The flight was very inexpensive, on time and just fine. Good luck with your trip and enjoy planning!

#14076 - 09/04/03 01:05 PM Re: Iberia - flights within Spain
David_dup1 Offline

I saw the Gehry exhibit at the Guggenheim in New York a while back, and that only piqued my interest in Bilbao. Since I probably won't be going back to Spain anytime soon, it is now or never. Thank again for the advice.

#14077 - 09/05/03 01:46 AM Re: Iberia - flights within Spain
kelar419 Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Texas
Times shouldnt be a problem, I think you made a good choice! I love Bilbao!! I flew the Madrid-Bilbao route last semester a couple times, both flights were on time.

As far as transfering flights, when I returned to the usa, I flew Granada-Madrid, and then had only 20 minutes to transfer to my Madrid-Chicago, it was a stretch, but i did make it (security people let me go to the front of the line). If it does look close, one other thing you can do is ask to be seated towards the end of the plane from which you will exit (saves a lot of time), sometimes it was the front, sometimes the back on IBERIA.
Enjoy!
Kelly smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1841 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments