Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#14003 - 07/14/03 08:56 AM Madrid:Chamartin -Plaza de castilla--walking distance?
chuck Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
greetings amigos--this may seem like a ridiculous question (but only if you know the answer)-is Chamartin station within easy walking distance of the station at Plaza De Castilla? --walking distance may be defined as "won't ruin the day"
thanks

#14004 - 07/14/03 10:33 AM Re: Madrid:Chamartin -Plaza de castilla--walking distance?
Fernando Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain
They are about 300 metres from each other, about 10 minutes walking. Anyway, you can also go by bus, by subway or taxi, whatever you want smile

Fernando

#14005 - 07/23/03 10:19 PM Re: Madrid:Chamartin -Plaza de castilla--walking distance?
kk49827 Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
Having stayed at the Hotel Chamartin in the train station, I have walked this a few times.
It's not far at all and it's not a bad walk.

I walked quite a bit of that neighborhood on New Year's eve when the subway stopped running and there were no cabs to be found.

#14006 - 08/08/03 09:49 PM Re: Madrid:Chamartin -Plaza de castilla--walking distance?
JA Offline

Loc: usa
KK,

A question: I have seen very offers for the Chamartin Station Hotel. How is it? Any suggs.?

Gracias,

JA

#14007 - 08/12/03 09:43 AM Re: Madrid:Chamartin -Plaza de castilla--walking distance?
kk49827 Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
The hotel is really nice.
It's a very American-style hotel. The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The prices are a bit higher than a hostel, but I think you get a bit more for what you pay for.
Although there is a restaurant in the hotel, I chose to get food from somewhere in the train station, or the nearby restaurants.
The close proximity of this hotel with the train station and metro is probably it's best feature. It's so convenient if you have to catch a train in the morning.
Also, the metro stop is also right there, so it is easy to get to other areas of the city.
Feel free to reply or email if you have more questions.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2080 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments