MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#13990 - 07/22/03 04:21 PM Re: New rail tunnel through Madrid's Puerta del Sol
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
I read today on the newspapers that the bus stop girls are requesting compensation for the works on the area. They say the bus will take even longer to come laugh and they will lose money!!!.

#13991 - 07/22/03 04:59 PM Re: New rail tunnel through Madrid's Puerta del Sol
Martín de Madrid Offline

Loc: Colmenar Viejo, Madrid, España
Looks like being evicted from my studio in Lavapies actually is a blessing in disguise. (Even though the workers swiped my $800 studio easel, ouch!) I passed through PdS just about every day, or else Grand Via, a close second.

This sounds like someone's brother-in-law is going to become filthy rich(er), probably someone with connections in the PP. It¡s "business as usual."

By the way if anyone wants to read a really good book on the history of Spain, get "The Story of Spain," (by Mark Williams, Malaga: Santana Books, 2000) it is compact and extremely well written.

Saludos to all the regulars on the board!

#13992 - 07/23/03 11:26 PM Re: New rail tunnel through Madrid's Puerta del Sol
Späin Offline

Loc: Columbus, OH
OOOOooopppsss... Poor "nurses of love." They shouldn't be evicted from their bus station!!

They are as classical in Calle Montera as chocolate con churros in the whole Madrid.

There should be a general strike in Madrid to avoid this huge damage to the socio-cultural scene of the capital.

By the way... who needs another hole in Madrid??? Hmmm SORRY!! I may be misunderstood. LOL.

I think it's funny as hell!!
eek laugh laugh confused

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2149 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments