Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#13961 - 07/04/03 04:26 AM Liverpool to Cadiz
Moulangi Offline

Loc: Madrid
So the plan is Easy Jet to Malaga
and then some kind of bus (Auto Res don't go there from Malaga though).

What is the best way please? Manchester to Seville is extortionate.I don't want hours on a bus at the Spanish end like bus from Madrid.

Another possibility looked like an easyjet to Madrid from Liverpool, stay the night (cos the connecting flight from Iberia to Jerez left 15 mins before Liverpool flight arrived) and then another kind of bus. Anyone done a trip like this?

Plus, just how scary is it renting a car on your own as a slightly timid English (drives on the left) driver on her own in Andalucia? I've driven in a van but was with a friend before.

#13962 - 07/04/03 04:43 AM Re: Liverpool to Cadiz
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
Hi Doodle

Haven't got time for much of a reply but have a look at this and see if it helps at all

THREAD ABOUT BUSES TO ANDALUCIA FROM MADRID

I'm sure someone will come up with something more specific for you.

As far as driving - I'd feel exactly the same. Only done it once - about 400yds and I was pants!

Jo

#13963 - 07/04/03 09:06 AM Re: Liverpool to Cadiz
Anchovy Front Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Southern Spain
There is a bus that goes from Malaga to Cadiz. Its the company Portillo and I think Alsina Graells may go there too. However, it is a long journey of probably 4 to 5 hours I would guess.

I live near Estepona which is on the N340 which is the Malaga - Cadiz road and is marked by kilometre numbers. To give you an idea I live at Km 165, which is 165 Kms from cadiz and it would take me in a car two hours to get there. Malaga is an hour from me in the other direction, so allowing for a few stops on the bus and the fact they don't go 190 Km per hour (neither do I, just joking!) it is a long journey by bus.

You can get the train from Malaga to Sevilla and go that way. Whichever way you choose, it'll take you a few hours to get there but the scenery is certainly different from Cheshire and will be interesting. Hiring a car as a timid driver who is used to the other side of the road may not be a good idea, as although the roads are good and well signposted in the main, it can be a bit nerve-wracking in new cities if by yourself.

Tell you what, why don't you check out Marbella first? Get a bus direct from the airport to Marbella bus station, non-stop, leaves regularly and then you can break the journey if nothing else. On the other hand Marbella may tickle your fancy and that's where you end up. Otherwise, get a bus later from Marbella to Tarifa and look round there too. From there it's just a couple of hours to what may be your final detination of Cadiz.....or not. Whatever, have a good trip!

#13964 - 07/07/03 03:28 AM Re: Liverpool to Cadiz
Moulangi Offline

Loc: Madrid
Thanks Anchovy. This is exactly what I was after. You've helped me get a clearer picture and I think I will indeed follow your advice as its so much easier going to Malaga first.

I wanted to check out Tarifa anyway cos its sounds groovy, so...

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2240 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments