Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#13955 - 07/02/03 09:36 PM Seville, Cordoba & Granada
Floroz Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Help! I'm hoping to arrive in Madrid on Sept. 5, 1 week before taking part in the Vaughan system in Gredos. I'd like to see Seville, Cordoba and Granada, how can I best accomplish this? I don't want to drive alone, so I am dependent on planes, trains and buses. Which places need 2 days? I know there's the AVE to Seville..what
connections are best for the other places & how
can I get back to Madrid on the 11th? All suggestions appreciated. Also need overnight accomodations in these cities, safe & inexpensive.

#13956 - 07/03/03 01:39 AM Re: Seville, Cordoba & Granada
GoMadrid Offline

Loc: California
The AVE runs between Madrid, Sevilla, and Córdoba, so you should take the train between those cities. It is probably easiest to get to Granada by bus. So, for example, take the bus to and from Granada from Córdoba, and blast back to Madrid on the AVE. I took the bus from Granada to Córdoba, I think it was about two and a half hours. Beautiful drive through the countryside, and they show a movie. We saw "The Perfect Storm"..in Spanish, of course.

As far as places to stay...in Córdoba, Hotel Selu, and in Sevilla, Hotel Derby. We did not spend the night in Granada....which, by the way, is the Spanish word for pomegranate.

Buena suerte

Lee

#13957 - 07/03/03 09:37 PM Re: Seville, Cordoba & Granada
Floroz Offline

Thanks Lee, just the information I need to get this trip started. I'm working desperately to come up with another 10,000 air miles to get my
ticket to Madrid in Sept. I appreciate your help!

Ozzi

#13958 - 07/16/03 08:05 PM Re: Seville, Cordoba & Granada
Floroz Offline

I've just discovered that it's possible to fly from Madrid to SEville, (RT about $75.00) or one
way $35.00 & one way back to Madrid from Granada, also $35.00, is this a good deal or what?? Isn't the AVE more? An added plus, there are several flights each day!Am I reading this
correctly?

#13959 - 07/30/03 02:25 AM Re: Seville, Cordoba & Granada
landream Offline

Hey Floroz, where are you finding those prices? I'm gonna be in Granada for a month next month and need to figure out a quick and cheap way to get there. I also want to bring a suitcase so flying would be ideal.

#13960 - 07/30/03 09:06 AM Re: Seville, Cordoba & Granada
Floroz Offline

go to the Iberia Air, English edition website: http://www.iberia.com/OneToOne/gateway_es.jsp

I just checked dates in Sep. RT Madrid/Granada or Madrid/Seville
66.90€

It may also depend on the time of day you select.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments