Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#13946 - 06/29/03 08:58 AM driving to segovia
chuck Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
greetings -I will be driving a rental car from Guadarrama to Segovia (guadarrama is about 30 miles north of Madrid).I think its fairly easy but i would like to know accurate directions .i also think there is more than one way to do this ,one on the autopista and one through the scenic mountains . Could someone include both sets of directions for me and please assume you are dealing with an inexperienced Spain driver. Many thanks

#13947 - 06/29/03 09:33 AM Re: driving to segovia
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Hi Chuck -- I could have sworn this question was posted before...but anyways...the two ways you can go:

Via Autopista
1. From Guadarrama take the A-6 towards A Coruña.

2. As soon as you pass through the Guadarrama tunnel, get into your right hand lane. This will automatically exit onto the A-61. This is the new highway just opened that connects Madrid (via the A-6) to Segovia. From this point, you are 15 minutes from Segovia. Be sure to stay in the lane and follow the sign for Segovia. There will be a toll that you have to pay.

3. As you approach Segovia, you will pass through some traffic circles. At the second traffic circle, make a left turn (going 3/4 around the circle) and on your right hand side will be a tourist office.

Via Scenic Route
1. From Guadarrama, follow the N-VI (main road passing north through Guadarrama)...it´s a curvy road and will take you through the mountain pass of the Guadarrama mountains. For the best mountain spring water, stop at the fountain on the other side of the mountains. There are usually several cars pulled over on both sides of the road filling up their water bottles.

2. Once you have come down the other side of the mountains you will enter into the town of San Rafael (about 20 minutes).

3. Continue to the center of San Rafael where you will see signs for the A-6 and for the local highway SG-503 (SG=Segovia). At the intersection (there is a Galp gas station on the right), bear right, pass through the traffic circle and continue straight on the SG-503.

4. This highway (sometimes one, two or four lanes) will take you through lovely countryside and farmland to Segovia. (From San Rafael it will take about 30 minutes).

5. As you approach Segovia, you will pass through some traffic circles. At the second traffic circle, make a left turn (going 3/4 around the circle) and on your right hand side will be a tourist office.

Check out CAMPSA for a route calculator.

Happy travels!

Have fun!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Espanol, quinlan
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2279 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments