Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#13931 - 06/18/03 01:56 PM Madrid Scooter Rentals?
Jonathan23 Offline

Loc: NJ
Hello Everyone,

Can anyone provide any info or recommendations on scooter rentals in Madrid. Has anyone rented scooters in the past? Any info would be greatly appreciated...thanks! laugh

#13932 - 06/18/03 08:32 PM Re: Madrid Scooter Rentals?
madsue Offline

Loc: Canary Islands, Spain
Jon, the only recommendation I can make to you about scooter hire in Madrid is........... just don´t! Take the bus, or metro, or just walk!!!!! Unless you are born and bred in Madrid, the scooter is not an option, but then that is only my opinion laugh eek

#13933 - 06/18/03 08:52 PM Re: Madrid Scooter Rentals?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
madsue, please. Maybe Jon23 has a deathwish that we don't know about. wink OR, maybe Jon-23 is actually a bible reference, saying something like...
Quote:
Ye shall not walk unto this earth bipedally but rather bi-wheely whilst darting throughst unbeknowing pedestrians and mad-crazed taxis and hither and yon throughst largeth city streets..umm..th.
...or something like that. rolleyes (I'm sure I've just offended SOMEONE who's reading this)

Yes. There ARE LOTS OF MOPEDS speeding around Madrid but man are those guys crazy! They seem to usually be TelePizza delivery kids who sawed off the muffler to get that cool, high-pitched WHIZZING sound and waking all the neighbors during their siestas.

I'm with madsue on this one. Just take the bus or metro for longer distances. It's probably even faster to some places and you won't have to worry about having your moped stolen and then having to reimburse the rental company for it.

LUCK! Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#13934 - 06/18/03 09:17 PM Re: Madrid Scooter Rentals?
Jonathan23 Offline

Loc: NJ
You know now that you mention it...a lot of people must think that I'm very religious and I'm trying to express that. My name is Jonathan and I'm 23...that's all smile

By the way thanks the advice...I guess I'll be "footing" it or using public transportation laugh

#13935 - 06/18/03 10:56 PM Re: Madrid Scooter Rentals?
that_girl Offline

Loc: San Francisco, CA
Yeah, probably a good idea to foot it or take metro. I have a few friends in the Vespa/Lambretta scene in Madrid ( www.scmadrid.com ) and they only ride their bikes for special occasions like scooter rallies or when people visit (like me!) and they take the visitor around to different mod nights. If these long-time scooter boys won't go out on their scooters all the time, then it *must* be a rough city for riding.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2592 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments