Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#13924 - 06/17/03 02:21 PM airport to Old madrid
jbarone Offline

Loc: New York
What's the safest way to travel from Madrid's airport to the Old Madrid area? I'm a woman traveling alone and someone told me to avoid the bus because the drop off point is ridden with pickpockets. I wanted to avoid the taxi because of the price. Any ideas?

#13925 - 06/17/03 02:24 PM Re: airport to Old madrid
Majesty318 Offline

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Take the Metro if you haven't packed too many bags. It's very easy to navigate, clean, comfortable, etc.

#13926 - 06/19/03 12:00 PM Re: airport to Old madrid
emmaaroundtheworld Offline

Loc: London
how about the mini shuttle bus that drops you directly at your hotel? Before midnight it costs €17 and then from midnight until 6.00am its €20. There is a booth at the airport. Your hotel will be able to book it for you on the way back.

#13927 - 06/29/03 02:21 PM Re: airport to Old madrid
sabalagirl Offline

Loc: Utah
Where at the airport in Madrid did you get the van shuttle? I know you can get the hotel to get you avan for the return but I have never seen on inside the Madrid airport or outside for that matter. Does it have a name?

#13928 - 06/30/03 12:01 AM Re: airport to Old madrid
Pulaski Offline

Loc: New Bedford, PA
The shuttle van which we have used is called AeroCity . It was very satisfactory. The location of the stop is just outside Door/Exit 2 of the arrivals area of the airport. You cross the street to the stand, which, I believe is painted blue. They have a website and you can make your reservation before leaving home. You may have to share, but that's OK. I have heard that they now have a desk within the airport as well.

#13929 - 07/19/03 10:01 PM Re: airport to Old madrid
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
I have used Aerocity and the Metro. The Metro is simple IF you do not have much luggage. If you have too much stuff, take Aerocity.

I have done this with kids and as a single female traveling alone.

#13930 - 07/19/03 11:42 PM Re: airport to Old madrid
JA Offline

Loc: usa
You will be arriving tired and a little bit cranky and the pickpockets in the Metro are fairly active, and they do not look like pickpockets, if you know what I mean. My wife was targeted by two women and the main operator, a guy with a suit and tie looked more like a doctor. Even a bit elegant in his nice white shirt, modern glasses and his coat folded over his forearm. I cut into their act and in seconds they went after someone else. And we only had a small suitcase each, but the train was packed.

Spend the money on the van, it will save you a headache. Pretty professional drivers even though they tend to smoke a bit.

Good luck.

Juan A.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2060 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments