Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#13702 - 04/02/03 10:35 AM Madrid:Aerocity van from airport to Atocha train station
ELB Offline

Our family of four (with about 6 pieces of luggage) will need transportation from Madrid's airport to the Atocha train station. We will be arriving on a Saturday morning and have approximately 2 1/2 hours to catch our train. From these postings it appears most recommend the Aerocity van service. I checked their website, but am unsure how to book it. Can anyone tell me what zone I would need to use for getting to Atocha? Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

#13703 - 04/02/03 12:15 PM Re: Madrid:Aerocity van from airport to Atocha train station
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi ELB! And welcome to our ALL SPAIN Message Board!

Of those destinations listed on the AeroCITY website , I can only guess you'd want to choose the MADRID CENTRO option. For 4 persons to this zone, their costs shows as 20 Euros. Wow! That's cheap for 4 people! If you have a lot of luggage they may charge a little more but still! If you have specific questions or verification of this you can always send them an email. Good luck and enjoy your time in Spain!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#13704 - 04/02/03 02:38 PM Re: Madrid:Aerocity van from airport to Atocha train station
ELB Offline

Thanks for the info MadridMan! I would like to clarify the details before booking with a credit card with Aerocity. But didn't know their email address. Please pass it on if you happen to have it. Thanks again!

#13705 - 04/02/03 03:32 PM Re: Madrid:Aerocity van from airport to Atocha train station
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

You'll find their email address on their front page - look left and click on the envelope.

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#13706 - 04/03/03 11:46 AM Re: Madrid:Aerocity van from airport to Atocha train station
ELB Offline

Thanks again MadridMan. I can't believe I didn't see the envelope icon before! I emailed them and already got a reply regarding my questions.
ELB

#13707 - 04/03/03 12:32 PM Re: Madrid:Aerocity van from airport to Atocha train station
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

So tell us! Tell us! What did they say??

#13708 - 04/04/03 11:53 AM Re: Madrid:Aerocity van from airport to Atocha train station
hotlantabear Offline

Loc: Atlanta
I just got back from a week trip to Madrid. Thanks to your website MadridMan, I used Aerocity. Excellent experience. Good e-mail communication, found them easily at the airport, service right to the door of my hostal. The night befor my departure I called to confirm, they were at my hostal door 5 minutes before the arranged time and had a safe and comfortable ride to the airport. The cost is definitely worth the comfort and peace of mind. Thanks again! :p

#13709 - 04/04/03 01:11 PM Re: Madrid:Aerocity van from airport to Atocha train station
ELB Offline

Glad to hear Aerocity is so reliable. We will definitely use them.

They said that to get to the Atocha train station we should select the center city zone, and the fare for the 4 of us would be 20 euros.

Thanks again for all your replies!

#13710 - 04/15/03 06:33 PM Re: Madrid:Aerocity van from airport to Atocha train station
fiorentina Offline

Having used Aerocity twice in 2002 and having had a good experience with them I decided to use them again for my trip to Madrid in March 2003. Upon arrival Aerocity was fine but I had quite a different experience on my return trip to the airport. I was in Spain teaching english with a group of 20 others and I sang the praises of Aerocity to anyone who would listen. We all returned to Madrid on Sunday April 6th and none of us were able to get through to Aerocity. Our various hotels tried different numbers, we looked in the yellow pages, etc only to have the phone at Aerocity ring and ring and then disconnect. This happened all day and all night. So much for the 24 hour number. I was particularly worried because I had scheduled a 4:45 a.m. pick up from my hotel on Monday morning and I wanted to confirm that they would be there and also make reservations for 3 other people. We decided that if Aerocity did not show up we would take a taxi to the airport. At 3:55 a.m. on Monday I was finally able to reach Aerocity and when I asked why I could not reach them on April 6th they said "we get too busy". When I arrived at Barajas I ran into several other people in my group who said they too had tried to reach Aerocity to no avail. Aerocity's service is good but they really need to work on the phone glitch because it lead to them losing many customers and to anxious moments for those of us who already had reservations with Aerocity.

#13711 - 04/27/03 03:29 PM Re: Madrid:Aerocity van from airport to Atocha train station
aerocity Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Dear Fiorentina and all Members of MM Board,
Due to recent change of offices in Madrid, we have been forced to change phone numbers and telephone technology. Although we are trying to make public, as quick as posible, this phone number change, the process is getting really slower and more difficult than we all would liked to.
Also, our telephone system still has low capacity to process calls and to direct them to the proper reservation agent. This is why waiting times at the phone can be longer than usual.
We really appreciate your understanding about this temporary situation. We will keep working to improve our service each day to be able to meet our customers expectations.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Tomas La Vigne
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1800 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments