Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#13598 - 03/07/03 12:46 PM Air Fares for May, SFO to MAD?
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Danville, CA USA
Anyone in the know about potential airfares for May (in our case, SFO to MAD)? I just found out that we can use frequent flyer miles, that there are seats available. But at 50,000 miles each, we must decide which is "cheaper?" (Anyway, who would have guessed at this late date that we could get FF seats? We checked months ago and nothing was available.) So, if anyone has an idea where fares are headed....? We are now looking at upper $700s or $800 each to fly with our favorite airline. At his price, using FF miles makes sense. Thanks! --CC

#13599 - 03/09/03 11:39 PM Re: Air Fares for May, SFO to MAD?
scangel17 Offline

Loc: Boise, Idaho, USA
In January, my sister and I found tickets on bestbuys.com for $460.00 roundtrip from Spokane, Washington to Madrid. It is a round about way, we stop in Calgary, Canada and then fly to Toronto, Canade where we spend the night and fly out the following day for Madrid, but the price was right and it is thru Canada Air. We leave in about 2 weeks, I'll let you know how crazy the flight is. This is our first trip to Spain (and actually even to Europe). So it will be interesting. Have a great trip and try bestbuys.com, but you will be required to sign up for a membership to actually book the flight.

#13600 - 03/11/03 12:40 PM Re: Air Fares for May, SFO to MAD?
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Danville, CA USA
Have a great trip! We decided to use frequent flyer miles (US Airways) although there appear to be many seats available on those flights (which may mean the price will come down?). I wanted to get an itinerary in order and just couldn't take a chance that the price of tickets would be outrageous. --CC

#13601 - 03/18/03 10:16 PM Re: Air Fares for May, SFO to MAD?
Cristobal Offline

Loc: San Francisco CA USA
Airfares go up considerably April 1. I am flying US Airways from SFO to MAD for $288, $359 after taxes. I am leaving March 31, returning April 22. Before April, there are great deals. After, I recommend FF miles.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
najmaaz
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1675 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments