Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#13562 - 03/01/03 11:54 PM Madrid: Aerocity from airport to hotel
db&my Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
What a great message board - it has helped me in planning my trip later this moth and I am soooo excited!
1 quick question - must we book for Aerocity trips from the airport to the hotel or can we just turn up at the pick up point?
Also how much does it cost for 2 people?

#13563 - 03/02/03 12:28 AM Re: Madrid: Aerocity from airport to hotel
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
According to the AeroCITY website (English version available), it costs 17 Euros for 2 passengers.

I think they prefer you to make a reservation but as I understand it, as of recently, AeroCITY now has AeroCITY booths in the airport for you to pick-up the shuttle service to a hotel in the center. You may have to wait as much as one hour to get the next shuttle and you may have to share with other travelers but it's a good deal all the way around, particularly if you have luggage and also because it'll certainly be cheaper than a taxi and you can be sure what you're paying BEFORE you get in/out of the shuttle. Good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#13564 - 03/02/03 07:21 PM Re: Madrid: Aerocity from airport to hotel
ChrisR Offline

Loc: D.C.
I just got back (literally an hour ago) from my first visit to Madrid. Loved it, but it was too much business and not enough fun! On the AeroCity issue, I tried to book with AeroCity on-line before leaving for Madrid and kept getting an annoying Microsoft pop-up about the credit card when I tried to send the message. Then I called (midnight in Madrid) and got put through to an English speaking employee who told me I would not need to make a reservation from the airport to our hotel, but should go to the bus stop at end of Terminal 1. We did that and found the sign for AeroCity, but no van. After waiting about 20 minutes another shuttle van operator at the same stop who had room offered to take us in for seven Euros apiece (three people with three good sized suitcases). For our trip back to Barajas today (Sunday), I booked with AeroCity by phone (in Spanish) on Saturday. The van arrived right when I asked him to be there, we were sharing the van with another family of three and our fare was 16 Euros. My opinion of AeroCity is that seems to be a very good service, reasonably priced, but the Barajas to city issue is very confusing. I didn't see any sign of a AeroCity desk inside Terminal 1.

#13565 - 03/02/03 11:20 PM Re: Madrid: Aerocity from airport to hotel
kk49827 Offline

Loc: Austin, TX
The booth is there in the terminal, but I could understand how you might get confused. It's actually right inside from their pickup point outside.
I just recently used them for the first time and found them to be fantastic. I booked everything online. As far as the credit card thing goes, they need one just in case you don't make your reservation.

#13566 - 03/03/03 03:33 AM Re: Madrid: Aerocity from airport to hotel
db&my Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Thank you Madridman, ChrisR and kk 49827.

Only 3 weeks left to go before I get to Madrid - I am soooooo excited!!

#13567 - 03/03/03 10:56 AM Re: Madrid: Aerocity from airport to hotel
aerocity Offline

Loc: Madrid, Spain
Dear All,
Regarding shuttle reservations, we do appreciate to receive your reservations in advance, via telephone or on-line (www.aerocity.com), as it would minimize customers waiting at the airport for the following available vehicle.
Regarding online booking problems, we are updating at this momment our web reservations system in order to make it clearer and easier for customers.
However, we can accept reservations directly at our new airport counters, located in Terminal 1, in front of lounge of arrivals number 2, and in Terminal 2, between lounges of arrival number 5 & 6, both in the lower level (arrivals). Opening hours of these airport offices are from 07.30 hrs to 24.00 hrs every day of the year. For customer attention and reservations out of those hours, please call direct toll-free to our central offices dialing 900 713 583 from any public phone at the airport.

#13568 - 03/03/03 12:49 PM Re: Madrid: Aerocity from airport to hotel
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Thanks for clearing that up, Juan!

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#13569 - 03/04/03 12:14 PM Re: Madrid: Aerocity from airport to hotel
fiorentina Offline

I used Aerocity in March 2002 and plan to use them again when I return to Madrid in a few weeks. I made my reservation on line and had no problems. My plane arrived late and I went outside to the meeting place where a nice young woman with a radio called for the van and it arrived within 5 minutes. On they way home, I had a very early pick up at 3:45 a.m. and the van driver arrived on time. I have recommended Aerocity to friends and they were pleased with the services.

#13570 - 03/16/03 09:13 PM Re: Madrid: Aerocity from airport to hotel
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Danville, CA USA
We used them previously and very satisfactorily. We plan to use Aerocity from Madrid to Barajas again in May. --CC

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1823 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments