Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#13444 - 02/09/03 09:53 PM Re: Really Cheap Fares to Madrid
Espe3 Offline

MM,
If you bought your ticket through, Air Canada for example, but they use another partner carrier (pick one for arguments sake- Delta, Us Air) its not technically different carriers. Air Canada sold you an Air Canada ticket, you're just flying on a Delta plane (again for example). So... moral of the story, ask about the refund of the difference, or MCO (I don't know what that is, an airline person, please explain!), it can't hurt, the worst they can say is no! smile

Depending on the time people are flying, I say $600 and cheaper is a pretty good deal smile (again, depending on date, time of year). I only hope I luck out and find a cheapy flight when its time for me to go! :p But that's going to be a looooong time probably frown Please, drink a Fanta LImon for me! smile

#13445 - 02/09/03 09:55 PM Re: Really Cheap Fares to Madrid
Espe3 Offline

Lipstique- Question for you!
When you got your ticket for August, how far in advance did you purchase it? Wondering for future trips!

#13446 - 02/10/03 12:03 PM Re: Really Cheap Fares to Madrid
slymongoose Offline

Loc: chicago
Just an FYI, I just got off the phone with NW trying to get a $100 voucher from them since my fare decreased by that much, but they explained that since it is a "web-only" fare, they cannot issue a credit. And I talked to three different people at NW. So be careful when booking those web fares. You can't always be assured of getting a credit if the fares go down. mad

#13447 - 02/10/03 03:31 PM Re: Really Cheap Fares to Madrid
Espe3 Offline

Not for webfares (that are normally specials) but sales that are not exclusive web fares- they post regular sales on line also, you just have to read which is which- but I've been interviewing for an airline, and they also told me that yes, they do refund you if the tickets go on sale... just nobody advertises. But to try! smile You don't loose anything! Its called down grading! smile

#13448 - 02/10/03 07:36 PM Re: Really Cheap Fares to Madrid
gladolia Offline

Loc: maryland
HELLO--I JUST ORDERED TCKETS(TODAY) FROM BWI THU N.Y. TO MADRID. 4/14 LEAVING. $542 ON 15TH IS ALMOST $1000. THIS WAS DELTA. GOOD LUCK. SEARCH DIFFERENT DATES. ONE DAY MAKES A DIFFERENCE.

#13449 - 02/11/03 05:39 AM Re: Really Cheap Fares to Madrid
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
British Airways just came out with "A fare to Remember" promotion $149 each way on roundtrip purchase from any U.S. British Airways departure airport. Purchase by 13 Feb .... rolleyes

#13450 - 02/11/03 04:29 PM Re: Really Cheap Fares to Madrid
that_girl Offline

Loc: San Francisco, CA
Related to the British Airways sale, I can fly from SFO to Madrid in the middle of summer for an incredibly low price ($720.95), BUT either have to connect through Gatwick (from LHR) on the way there OR have only 1 hour 15 minutes to connect at LHR.

2 questions:

1. Will a little over 3 hours be enough time to get from LHR to LGW? I will have 1 checked bag to pick up (no way around this, I'll be in Spain for 1 month) and also assume I'll go through immigration at LHR. Last time I went to London it took nearly 1 hour to get through immigration and pick up my bag.

2. If I choose the more direct route (ie only dealing with LHR), will 1.25 hours be enough time to connect flights? Again, I assume I'll have to go through immigration. Do they have a sort of "rush process" line for connecting passengers from the USA?

Thanks!
...Syd

#13451 - 02/11/03 07:52 PM Re: Really Cheap Fares to Madrid
Carole Chiaro Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Danville, CA USA
The fares from SFO to Madrid (departing before March 31st and returning by April 30th) are SO cheap, it makes waiting until May almost impossible. But I'm afraid that we must. Let's hope for some decent fares in May. --CC

#13452 - 02/12/03 08:57 PM Re: Really Cheap Fares to Madrid
mrkarbow Offline

Loc: Dallas, TX USA
I have been trying for the past couple of weeks to get tickets to Madrid on American Airlines. On the web the fares look available, but when you try to book, you get a "system error." You call to find out what is wrong and they tell you the flight is no longer available and to try again. Then you try again (now that the prices are higher) and the same thing happens. It has become a vicious cycle and I have been playing their game for a couple of weeks. Now the only flights (on the dates I want) are astronomical and I would have to fly Iberia (don't get me started). I WAS willing to pay a fair price, but this is ridiculous. I emailed AA and told them of this problem, but really the only thing they could do is turn back time.

Thanks for letting me vent. Looks like I won't be going back to my most favorite city in the world.

#13453 - 02/14/03 02:41 PM Re: Really Cheap Fares to Madrid
Marianpo Offline

Loc: Florida, U.S.A.
I have found the Travelocity Web site the most helpful - more than Orbitz and Expedia, for example - for discovering the days the flights are cheapest within a certain time frame, by marking the "my dates are flexible box." With the information they provided, I "hung out" at the American Airlines site and in late January booked a round trip flight Miami-Madrid in March for $367, $419 with taxes. Of course, most of the prices go up on April 1.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Mario70
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2022 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments