Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#13425 - 02/04/03 04:23 PM Getting from Barcelona to Madrid
slymongoose Offline

Loc: chicago
We will be flying into Madrid, going south and then back up to Barcelona. We will need to get back to Madrid for our flight home. Would it be wise to depend on an early morning flight on say, Spanair, to get us to Madrid for our 10:45am flt? Do all flights leave from Barajas airport and how long would I need between flights (on Spanair and NWA)? Or would it be safer to take a train the day before and stay the night in Madrid? Thanks for any and all suggestions.

#13426 - 02/05/03 07:05 AM Re: Getting from Barcelona to Madrid
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
For a 10:45 departure you should be in line at NWA's Barajas check-in desk by 8:45. Yes, all flights arrive & depart Barajas airport. You would have to be on a 6 or 6:30 AM flight out of Barcelona to cut yourself any 'slack' at all. No, it would not be wise to depend on an early morning flight from Barcelona. If you fly in from Barcelona your flight will probably arrive at Terminal 2 or 3; your Detroit-bound flight will depart from the new International Terminal (at the other end of the airport). rolleyes

As for time between Spanair arrival and Northwest Airlines departure, it's not relevant: With increased security, your bags will have to be re-checked at Northwest Airlines check-in. eek

If it were me, I would spend the night in Madrid (probably at an hotel that provides free airport shuttle service). cool

You don't have to take a train the day before; there are three airlines servicing the Barcelona-Madrid 'corridor' with hourly service. rolleyes
P.S.
Several years ago I went thru Barajas the morning an Air Traffic Controllers' Strike was beginning. That was Ugly! mad

#13427 - 02/05/03 09:46 AM Re: Getting from Barcelona to Madrid
slymongoose Offline

Loc: chicago
Thanks so much for the valuable information. I guess we'll plan on leaving Barcelona a day early. frown
Any suggestions for a hotel in Madrid which would be easily accessible to/from the airport?

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2471 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments