Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#13386 - 01/30/03 10:53 PM Madrid: Best City Tour?
mgarcia Offline

Loc: detroit
What is the latest on the best city tour of Madrid? I plan on taking one this sunday morning around 10am?

#13387 - 01/30/03 11:27 PM Re: Madrid: Best City Tour?
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Who gives tours on Sunday mornings? I would think all city tour companies would be closed on Sundays - MAYBE a few would be open on Sunday afernoons but I'd be surprised. Antonio, any ideas?

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#13388 - 01/31/03 05:09 AM Re: Madrid: Best City Tour?
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
MadridMan writes:
Quote:
Who gives tours on Sunday mornings? I would think all city tour companies would be closed on Sundays
Especialy around the second of February!
MGarcia:
Put on your walking shoes! Take MetroMadrid to Opera (Opera, Plaza de Oriente, Palacio Réal). Then you can walk up Calle Mayór to the Plaza Mayór, continue to the Puerta del Sol. Go down calle Alcala to Cibeles And continue to the Puerta de Alcala and el Parque del buen Retiro. After a stop in the park (weather permitting) you can go to the Museo del Prado and after that walk down to Atocha. cool
That circuit should take you about 6-hours; but you'll probably stop for dinner along the way so add another 2-hours. rolleyes

#13389 - 01/31/03 05:47 AM Re: Madrid: Best City Tour?
Jo-Anne Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Holmfirth, West Yorkshire, Eng...
mgarcia

I don't think you will get a response from Antonio this week as he is posing as FITUR man amongst the lovely ladies at Madrids International Tourism Fair wink

I have just looked at Madrid Visions web site MADRID VISION and Eddie is right - tours with them don't start until mid March frown What a shame frown

Hope you find some alternative. Although Eddies walking option sounds cool to me cool

Jo

Oh, I've just re-read your question and think you were talking about walking tours anyway rolleyes

#13390 - 02/01/03 01:14 PM Re: Madrid: Best City Tour?
Cornelio Offline

Loc: Dublin, CA
I would recommend VIATOR at www.viator.com. Click on Madrid and you will see numerous tours. In Madrid, they use an outfit called Julia tours, which I have used on several occasions. I noticed that there is a 3-hour "Panoramic Madrid" tour which does run on Sundays and costs about $19. Anywhere I go in Europe, I usually book in advance on-line with VIATOR, print the receipt and show up at the tour office at the designated time.

#13391 - 02/01/03 03:20 PM Re: Madrid: Best City Tour?
Booklady Offline
Executive Member

Loc: U.S.A.
Thank you, Cornelio, for the information on VIATOR, they have some very nice private tours of Madrid and its environs. I like the fact that they have privately run tours. I am an intrepid traveler and prefer to go it alone, but sometimes time is of the essence so I have to compromise and take a tour. smile

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 2698 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments