Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#13318 - 01/13/03 01:59 PM Dublin to Madrid
Cooter Offline

Loc: Boston, MA USA
It looks like I'm going to be in Ireland for business mid to late February. Naturally, my thoughts immediately turned to spending a weekend (at least) in Madrid once my business is concluded. Via the internet, both Iberia and Aer Lingus have decent fares DUB--MAD, leaving Dublin on a Friday and returning the following Monday. I saw the easyjet, ryanair and Europebyair do not offer service between these two cities. Is there another low cost carrrier out there that I can check? Thanks in advance...

#13319 - 01/13/03 06:01 PM Re: Dublin to Madrid
Antonio Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid (Spain)
What about flying Dublin - London with Ryanair and then London - Madrid with easyJet ? If you can't find a good deal with easyJet, try with the other airlines. There are plenty of them flying London - Madrid.

By the way, remember that if you are flying with different airlines and with separate tickets, connections are not guaranted!!.

#13320 - 01/14/03 06:55 AM Re: Dublin to Madrid
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
I'm not sure what the 'purchase by' dates are but Aer Lingus had some excellent fares valid in most cases to 31 Mar. That would be my choice.

I have flown RyanAir Dublin - London (Luton - Easyet's 'hub') and EasyJet London (Luton) - Madrid. I had to schedule a 6-hour layover at Luton (to be sure of making the connection) and arrived Madrid at about 22:30. Total cost (1-way) was about $107. I had an 'open jaw' return ticket (Madrid - Newark) on Continental airines.

I think te Aer Lingus promotion requires RoundTrip purchase.

#13321 - 01/14/03 09:59 AM Re: Dublin to Madrid
Cooter Offline

Loc: Boston, MA USA
thanks, Antonio and Eddie. Given that I will only have a few days, and I need to return to Dublin to return to the US, I will go with either Aer Lingus or Iberia direct DUB--MAD, MAD--DUB. It's going to be around $250. I was hoping for an Easyjet solution, or even Spanair, but it doesn't really exist between Ireland and Spain.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
esq, JOE DILLMAN
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1598 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments