Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#13261 - 12/01/02 11:02 AM Globus tour-in defence
JANTRAVLER Offline

Loc: GEORGIA
I know how most folks feel about an organized tour but feel that I must speak out for those of us who maybe would not travel otherwise or would be hesitant, not speaking the language.

Our Globus tour was in early November and I thank God for that Bus and our wonderful tour director. Not speaking Spanish ourselves, it was nice to go with a group where some did, and we could get directions, tips, professional city-tour guides, and a lot of history. I know that we saw more in those 9 days than we could have on our own and learned alot more too. (And we got to rest our poor feet!)

Of course, we had an exceptional bunch of folks, no laggers, complainers etc., and were probably lucky! And don't get me wrong, we left the group a few days to explore on our own, that's where this site came in and I especially thank you for Mijas.

We stayed at 4 star hotels, all very nice, had all our breakfasts included and a couple buffet dinners where we could sample different foods, and we actually got an intro to Tapas our first night. And actually had a lot of free time.

We had first 2 days in Madrid then saw Cordoba Mosque enroute to Sevilla, 2n. did Jerez Sherry and Horses, saw Ronda enroute to Costa del Sol where did Mijas on our own, then to Grenada and the Alhambra, and finally Toledo enroute back to Madrid. And a lot more, wheew! eek

I know you're all thinking that we didn't experience Spain, but I think it was a wonderful into and now we know what to see when we come back. All this was $1700 pp. including airfare from Atlanta. We didn't do any "optionals" and we didn't have any complaints. I'm curious to hear if anyone can really deny the value of this trip.

#13262 - 12/01/02 09:46 PM Re: Globus tour-in defence
sel Offline

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Sounds like it was a wonderful trip!! Tours can often be a good way to introduce yourself to a new area!! Sounds like you liked Mijas!! Can you share more infromation about it?

#13263 - 12/01/02 10:18 PM Re: Globus tour-in defence
JANTRAVLER Offline

Loc: GEORGIA
Hey Sel, be glad to but I'd rather paraphrase the review from one of the people who led me there, Anita24 who said:
posted 11-18-2002 04:35 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mijas was wonderful! Really felt that I left all the crowds and tourists behind. What they say about the views being fantasic is just an understatement. We stayed after dark to see the whole coast light up and took a taxi back for even more incredible views. And I did find the best prices on pottery, tiles, and more. This day made my trip of a get-a-way from the tour group especially great. They went to Gibralter, had no view, got rained on and were very cold. Thank you all, I never expected such a refreshing change. However, I did not get to see a burro!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 8 | From: Westland, Mi. | Registered: Oct 2002 | IP: Logged

I think maybe we were on the same tour or similar!
I sure do ditto the info. The little bullring was so cute and especially had some incredible views. The main thing, it was so quiet, hearing the wind and the birds, and then the views, we too stayed after dark to see the lights. I found the prices better than anywhere else and the people nicer. I think I saw you say eek that you liked the small towns best, this is it--although someone did say that we were lucky not to find a lot of tourists. There isn't a whole lot to do there other than shop and soak up the ambience but I loved it. laugh

Anita24 were you on my bus?

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1600 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments