Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#13120 - 10/15/02 05:15 AM Valencia--local public transportation
Samsonite Offline

I'm interested in attending a motogp race at a track near Valencia and would like to know if there is local bus service (or rail) that might take me there. Thanks!

#13121 - 10/15/02 05:40 AM Re: Valencia--local public transportation
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi Samsonsite!
Quote:
I'm interested in attending a motogp race at a track near Valencia and would like to know if there is local bus service (or rail) that might take me there. Thanks!
I'm sure you can get to Valencia by some mode of national, public transportation. Please tell us your starting point and maybe we can help you. Thanks and good luck!

Saludos, MadridMan

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#13122 - 10/15/02 07:12 AM Re: Valencia--local public transportation
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
try looking at RENFE´s site. Valencia has a Cercanías rail service much like Madrid which goes to the nearby towns of Valenica.

#13123 - 10/15/02 11:57 AM Re: Valencia--local public transportation
Samsonite Offline

Thanks Chica! I found the Cercanias web page for Valencia, but I don't know which station on the local line which is closest to the track. Is there a site with a detailed map of the area around Valencia?

#13124 - 10/27/02 11:00 PM Re: Valencia--local public transportation
Samsonite Offline

I did some more research and found what I needed so I'm posting some info for anyone interested.
To get to the Circuito Ricardo Tormo from Valencia, take the C3 commuter train direction Utiel from Estacio del Nord. On race day the train stops at the race track which is near Cheste. The trip takes about 25 minutes.
This is the last MotoGP race of 2002 and although the championship has already been clinched, 2nd place is still undecided. This is an interesting year for MotoGP racing since a new category of motorcycles is included.

#13125 - 10/28/02 05:26 PM Re: Valencia--local public transportation
Chica Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Madrid
Hey Samsonite --
Sorry I didn´t respond sooner, just saw your post, and then your own answer tonight. Glad that you were able to figure things out...thanks for reposting the information!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1782 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments