Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#12996 - 09/01/02 12:36 PM buying a car in spain
la luz Offline

Loc: canada
My husband and I will be in wintering in spain for 5 months, we would like to buy a car rather than rent one. ¿Is it possible for (Canadians) to buy a car, register it, insure it? Purhaps someone can answer the question or suggest a site location that we could find the answer. Thank you, La Luz

#12997 - 09/01/02 02:20 PM Re: buying a car in spain
MadridMan Offline

Executive Member

Loc: Madrid, Spain (was Columbus, O...
Hi la luz! Welcome to our message board. Seems to me there was a previous thread regarding non-Spaniards visiting Spain and buying a car. Seems you won't be able to buy or insure a car unless you're a registered resident. I'm sure there are others more qualified than me to address your situation. Still, get your temporary international drivers license at home in Canada before going to Spain. Good luck.

Curious about what could POSSIBLY be inside the brain of MadridMan? Visit MadridMan's Madrid Blog

#12998 - 09/09/02 01:22 PM Re: buying a car in spain
Zzeus11 Offline

One possibility is to use purchase-repurchase plan , that is available for instance from www.auto-france.com (only brand new Peugeots), to buy a car in Spain.

This company will deliver to most major cities in europe, incl Madrid airport for car pick up, of course extra fee will apply, but is one way to take care of all the hassles , incl insurance, registration, and other paperwork.

I am ALMOST certain that this type of plan is available from Canada, maybe not via above mentioned company , there are many others that offer similiar service. I looked into this while still living in Canada, but it was over 10 years ago , and at least then this plan was offered.

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1610 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments