Tour Madrid with MadridMan! BACK TO
MadridMan.com!
Sponsored Links

Topic Options
#12980 - 08/26/02 02:34 PM SpainAir vs. AirEuropa
Cooter Offline

Loc: Boston, MA USA
All:

well, it's only two weeks till my next visit to Spain. So excited....

A remaining loose end: we will be flying Mad-Santiago (tight on time), and both SpanAir and AirEuropa offer the same price and even similar departure times....does anyone have any strong preferences one way or the other.

BTW, it's only 60 Euros each, including tax. Not bad, compared to 8 hours in a car.....

#12981 - 08/26/02 04:59 PM Re: SpainAir vs. AirEuropa
caminante Offline

Loc: New York City
We flew Spanair on the 'Puente aereo' between Madrid and Barcelona and we had no problems. Check-in was very fast and efficient both ways.

#12982 - 08/26/02 06:35 PM Re: SpainAir vs. AirEuropa
Espe3 Offline

TAKE SPAN AIR!!!!!!!!!!! See my post about Air Europa! frown You don't want to go there! :p

#12983 - 08/26/02 07:35 PM Re: SpainAir vs. AirEuropa
Cooter Offline

Loc: Boston, MA USA
Yikes, Espe, sorry about your bad experience. Coulda happened with any airline, but I think I'll give SpanAir a shot....

#12984 - 08/26/02 09:34 PM Re: SpainAir vs. AirEuropa
Espe3 Offline

Cooter,
You're right, it COULD have happened with any airline, but I've been flying my entire life (literally, since birth) and although I've had a couple of interesting experiences, NOTHING compared to the one with Air Europa, and thus my outrage! I have had experiences with SpanAir, but minor and NOTHING compared to that (and not anything I wouldn't fly with them again for smile )! Sometimes things require making a big deal out of them, and other times not. But TRUST me! If you had been there... :o Have a great trip, and let us know how it went! smile

#12985 - 08/27/02 05:28 AM Re: SpainAir vs. AirEuropa
Eddie Offline
Executive Member

Loc: Phila., PA, USA
I've flown SpanAir Madrid-Santiago. Spanair has a 20-kilo published (enforced?) baggage weight allowance for their clase turista. So we paid a few extra bucks and flew Business Class. That means you get to ride in one of the first two rows of seats on their MD-80. The only thing it bought us was priority luggage handling/delivery. rolleyes
BTW
Taxi fares between Santiago and the airport are strictly regulated. We needed to get an early (07:00) SpanAir flight back to Madrid to connect with our TransAtlantic return flight: I told Taxista No. 49 a day before about my plight. He assured me that it was no problem. He was waiting outside Hostal Hogar San Francisco at 05:00 - ¡No Problema!

Moderator:  MadridMan 
Welcome to the ALL SPAIN Message Board!
MadridMan's Live WebCam
Shout Box

Newest Members
LauraG, KoolKoala, bookport, Jake S, robertsg
7780 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
KiwiRach
Who's Online
0 registered (), 1945 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
MadridMan.com Base Menu

Other Martin Media Websites: BarcelonaMan.com MadridMan.com Puerta del Sol Plaza Santa Ana Madrid Tours Madrid Apartments